Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Scrappy Parts List  (Read 528 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
My Scrappy Parts List
« on: 24 November 2014, 15:07:27 »

Well, here's the as-yet unfinished list of parts I've got from my scrappy. Glad to say that they've looked after me a bit here, I think it's a case of the 'more you buy, the cheaper it gets'. I've had limited time at weekends, but grabbed three or four hours where I can

First run...
Elbows for vac tubes, thin breather tubes and nice creamy white header tank
£15

Second run...
Jack, securing screw, warning triangle and wheelbrace, Vx Screwdriver, Warning Triangle, all unused. Cruise and H'lamp Stalks, Underbonnet Alarm switch.
£7

Third run...
Plenum 'assembly' = Breather bridge, Breather hoses, Throttle body, 6 x O rings, studs, ICV, TPS. Suspension strut top mounts, various suspension bolts, bonnet lifters, like new key fob, very thick GM brake pads.
£35

Fourth run...
DIS Pack, HT Leads, Boot lifters, decent brake shields front, brake discs front with light wear, fuel tank straps, Steering Idler, 1 x hub, ICV to FPR hose.
£40

So a total of £97 so far. All of which have come off a time-warp Omega with 37k on the clock. I haven't seen an Omega this clean since new in a showroom, and that includes Billing VBOA Rally! Certain items like the steering idler I'm very happy with; as these are £90+ and for which there's no substitute for genuine GM that's saving me ££s down the line. The DIS pack, cruise stalk, genuine GM leads, are great spares to have, which would cost a fair few pennies new. Many used items now, realistically, have 100k+ on them, so used these bits may be, but I'm thinking good for may miles yet  :y.

I'll try and get some pics up tonight, or in the next few days, some stuff is eerily clean and untarnished!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: My Scrappy Parts List
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2014, 15:57:42 »

That is some friendly scrappy you have there.

My recollection is they are quite pricy now they are recycling centres.

My sun visor broke on my Spanish car. I went to and rang quite a few (in double figures). I found one that was working and the right colour but ripped on the side you don't normally see £8 . The only other one I found was really awful in condition and they wanted £12
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: My Scrappy Parts List
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2014, 16:28:33 »

Thanks  :)

To be honest, I used to go there all the time, but have avoided them for a long time since OOF is such a friendly and helpful area, and most parts have come off here - cheaper than they charge!  :y

But I've fallen lucky, I suppose, I've been able to get some more unusual parts. I've still got to get the heater hedgehog, plus a full set of relays, on advice (from OOF, of course) but after that, I'm not sure what else to get. It's just things like clips and screws, really, because all mine are very dirty, corroded or well-weathered. I could clean them up - but how long to you spend cleaning a screw before you think 'theres an as-new one of these at the scrap yard, and I could have it for free'

Oh, should add, I forgot the HBV off my list. I got the HBV the other day, too!  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.