Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just as well we don't know how we are going to die  (Read 4650 times)

Weds

• Chatham, Kent
  • My other hobby
    • Mercedes E class 350 CDi
    • View Profile
Re: Just as well we don't know how we are going to die
« Reply #15 on: 18 April 2018, 16:54:53 »

When we fly EasyJet and book our seats I always try and get the extra legroom emergency exits over the wing, they are usually row 12 and 13, for some reason row 13 always seem to be available. I usually book row 13 as I think if i'm unlucky then so is everyone else. But as in the case above apparently not...

For some reason I believe USA planes don't have a row 13

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 April 2018, 16:55:53 »

Good job you were in a 4B, Lizzie. Otherwise in an earlier version, your view may have been....lets say..a bit more panoramic !!!!
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 April 2018, 17:13:18 »

Out of interest where is the safest place to be on a plane if you have to travel?

Anywhere that's not a window seat near an engine.  Clearly.  ;)

I always keep my seatbelt fastened loosely when flying, and I wonder if the lady who sadly died had hers on.  :-\  If so I wonder if it would have prevented her going out of the window and she might have survived.  ???  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 April 2018, 17:45:19 »

Good job you were in a 4B, Lizzie. Otherwise in an earlier version, your view may have been....lets say..a bit more panoramic !!!!

Now that is, sadly, very true terbert! ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 April 2018, 19:04:53 »

Second un-contained CFM56 turbine blade failure in recent times. The FAA is going to introduce a test schedule for the engine if it has completed over 15,000 cycles (a cycle is a takeoff and landing) with this 737 having completed over 40,000 cycles. Where 737 CFM56 aircraft are the most numerous in the world I suspect that the urgency of the testing will be accelerated where it only takes about 2 hours per engine. I'm not sure if the test is x-ray or ultrasonic based as both can be used for fan blade fatigue testing.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 April 2018, 19:43:06 »

Out of interest where is the safest place to be on a plane if you have to travel?

I always keep my seatbelt fastened loosely when flying, and I wonder if the lady who sadly died had hers on.  :-\  If so I wonder if it would have prevented her going out of the window and she might have survived.  ???  :-\

The engine part that did the window in the first place is probably what did most damage to the lady who died
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 April 2018, 19:48:43 »

Actually the TVs footage of the plane on the airfield shows the missing window aft of the main wing, not above or around the damaged part of the engine.  It would seem the engine fan blade flew well back from the area of failure  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 April 2018, 19:51:19 »

Physics 101...

If something falls off the side of an item moving forwards at 5-600 miles per hour, then it's extremely unlikely to strike forward of where it came from ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 April 2018, 20:06:00 »

I thought I was a gonna earlier, when sat on the potty, following eating something most disagreeable at lunchtime.

There was a big yelp, and a lot of blood.  Blotting, rather than wiping, was clearly the order of the day  :'(

Its made me feel quite delicate, and sorry for myself. Doubt there is any sympathy here though.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 April 2018, 20:06:04 »

Physics 101...

If something falls off the side of an item moving forwards at 5-600 miles per hour, then it's extremely unlikely to strike forward of where it came from ::)

I was pointing out to Sir Tigger that the seats around the engine area were uneffected, so not sitting "near an engine" as he suggested would have made no difference.

But no, you yet again have to make a sarcastic comment although I know nothing about physics.

You cannot help yourself can you? >:(

I would add that blades, and propellers, have actually entered the cabin next to the engine in the past. That has been because the sideways velocity of the blade / propeller has been greater than the forces of forward air speed.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2018, 20:16:02 by Lizzie Zoom »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 April 2018, 20:35:00 »

I thought I was a gonna earlier, when sat on the potty, following eating something most disagreeable at lunchtime.

There was a big yelp, and a lot of blood.  Blotting, rather than wiping, was clearly the order of the day  :'(

Its made me feel quite delicate, and sorry for myself. Doubt there is any sympathy here though.

Sounds like you need to get someone ( a doctor would be preferable) to give you the rubber glove / ky treatment.
That is something that definitely shouldn't be ignored.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 18 April 2018, 21:02:50 »

Lots of blood, eh? Sounds like you need your piles pushing back. I know a lad who'll help you out, pm me for details.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 April 2018, 21:08:10 »

Sounds like you need to get someone ( a doctor would be preferable) to give you the rubber glove / ky treatment.
That is something that definitely shouldn't be ignored.  ;)

Seconded!  Off to the Quacks with you forthwith!  :)

I'm being serious.  You should see a Doctor!  :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 April 2018, 21:10:44 »

Lots of blood, eh? Sounds like you need your piles pushing back. I know a lad who'll help you out, pm me for details.

I've retired  ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 April 2018, 21:13:39 »

I've retired  ;D

I think he meant Lord Dr Opti.  :y  He probably enjoys such things!  :o  ;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.