Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you an aspie thinker ?  (Read 838 times)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
Are you an aspie thinker ?
« on: 17 October 2017, 23:17:51 »

Just watched the Chris Packham film where he discusses his Aspergers syndrome  :y
How difficult that must have been, to trawl up obviously painful memories from his past  :(
Now there are many ppl with a broad spectrum of autistic traits & somehow they kinda cope
Some of the social interactions he still has problems with, my brother will still avoid.
Packham talks about his coping strategies & to be honest he`s glossing over a million & one problems there

Obsession & isolation I think that ticks the main boxes.

One shocking stat. he reveals is that only 14% of sufferers are in full time employment

I`ll always been there for my brother, but how many isolated ppl are out there living with similar problems  and with no one to turn to  ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Are you an aspie thinker ?
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2017, 19:29:34 »

I would say most people I work with are on the spectrum somewhere, myself included.  We have to be to deal with the roles we have.

Add in a bit of pressure, and it generally makes for quite entertaining daily conf calls...  ...as long as its not me on a rant, moreso because I tend to be 100% honest, and care not who gets offended with my bluntness.

I suspect if I was at school now, they would have picked up my dyslexia (eff me, spelt that right first time), my colour blindness, my OCD, my difficulties interacting with people I don't know, my embarrassing honesty over what I'm thinking, and so on. Fortunately, such titles hadn't been invented back then - and I think today some of these diagnosis is detrimental to the patient, as it not only gives them excuses, but parents etc start making excuses for them. IMHO of course.

After all is said and done, despite being, as expected, the target of much bullying and general nastiness, I think I turned out reasonably alright.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2017, 19:47:30 »

I would say most people I work with are on the spectrum somewhere, myself included.  We have to be to deal with the roles we have.

Add in a bit of pressure, and it generally makes for quite entertaining daily conf calls...  ...as long as its not me on a rant, moreso because I tend to be 100% honest, and care not who gets offended with my bluntness.

I suspect if I was at school now, they would have picked up my dyslexia (eff me, spelt that right first time), my colour blindness, my OCD, my difficulties interacting with people I don't know, my embarrassing honesty over what I'm thinking, and so on. Fortunately, such titles hadn't been invented back then - and I think today some of these diagnosis is detrimental to the patient, as it not only gives them excuses, but parents etc start making excuses for them. IMHO of course.

After all is said and done, despite being, as expected, the target of much bullying and general nastiness, I think I turned out reasonably alright.
Yes,Jaime.

You carry on thinking like that  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2017, 20:01:50 »

Yes,Jaime.

You carry on thinking like that  ;D
I'm a model citizen, I'll have you known. Almost. Maybe.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.