Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Had a call from EDF yesterday  (Read 14438 times)

STEMO

Re: Had a call from EDF yesterday
« Reply #30 on: 13 July 2018, 17:43:02 »

Yours must be wrong too, Al.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 July 2018, 18:24:22 »

Nope. Just been informed than M&S are no longer doing energy, so starting to shop around... Those were near enough the figures from last quarter.  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 13 July 2018, 18:59:43 »

Nope. Just been informed than M&S are no longer doing energy, so starting to shop around... Those were near enough the figures from last quarter.  :y
Ok. 12KW of gas at about 3p=36p and 3KW of electricity at about 26p= 78p.

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 13 July 2018, 19:08:10 »

£1K a quarter is ridiculous! I use £180 a month during December, January and February but only used £40 last month.

Christ, do you sit in the dark and live in a cave? ;D I'd love it if my summer-time bills were only £40/mo - they just upped my monthly DD to £210! I think even if I didn't turn anything on I'd use more than £40s worth of leccy & gas..

Very possibly he does . . . ( Que Hovis music  )  It's tough oooppp North

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJi_5T0jSnA
At least us northerners can spell. That's cue, not que.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 July 2018, 19:57:14 »

Indeed , 3 Kwh is how much electricity it takes to run a 3Kw appliance for 1 hour,(say a 13 amp kettle)
or a 1 Kw appliance for 3 hours

we use about 20 Kwh per day
probably a bit more than average because of the pumps,water treatment running 24/7 for the Koi

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 13 July 2018, 20:04:32 »

Indeed , 3 Kwh is how much electricity it takes to run a 3Kw appliance for 1 hour,(say a 13 amp kettle)

probably a bit more than average because of the pumps,water treatment running 24/7 for the Koi
Don't leave the kettle on for an hour, it will boil dry. However, modern appliances have a safety device called a thermal cut out, so your kettle will be safe.
No need to thank me  :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 July 2018, 20:17:13 »

Don't leave the kettle on for an hour, it will boil dry. However, modern appliances have a safety device called a thermal cut out, so your kettle will be safe.

Asking for a friend: Does the thermal cutout prevent the plastic kettle from melting, if you stand it on a hot cooker? ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #37 on: 13 July 2018, 20:18:35 »

Asking for a friend: Does the thermal cutout prevent the plastic kettle from melting, if you stand it on a hot cooker? ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P
No. Definitely not. I can vouch for this because, as you know you bastid, I did it myself.  ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 July 2018, 20:21:02 »

Detached house with 4Kw solar panels, gas+electric £57.30 Pcm with Tonik Energy, and £1800 per year back from the panels. ::)

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 13 July 2018, 20:24:03 »

Detached house with 4Kw solar panels, gas+electric £57.30 Pcm with Tonik Energy, and £1800 per year back from the panels. ::)
You obviously got the panels when the feed in tariff was good (great  :o). Not so good now.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 July 2018, 20:24:18 »

The 13 mp kettle was an example  for people who don't know what a Kwh is  ;)
but a builder's kettle may be re-filled many times in that hour
if it did "boil dry" the price of the job would increase  :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 July 2018, 20:26:38 »

Gas here is used for hot water[shower,washing and washing up]and central heating is paid by monthly DD so for 6mths I pay one amount and for the other 6mths a different amount reflecting usage over Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer figure it averages out over the year at £20 per month.Electricity is used for everything else and is paid on a key type thing which I top up as and when needed works out during warmer weather at £4 to £5 per week and during colder/darker months at £8 to £9 a week.

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 13 July 2018, 20:26:51 »

If the kettle broke , would people ask 🎶 🎵 Dave the builder, can you fix it? 🎶 🎵  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 July 2018, 20:39:25 »

If the kettle broke , would people ask 🎶 🎵 Dave the builder, can you fix it? 🎶 🎵  ;D
truth be told ,the "people" would go to argos and buy a new one ,give me the old one , "Dave the builder" would fix it or throw it in the scrap metal pile for weighing in  :y

solar panels are coming down in price now but still not economically viable for most people
battery technology / power banks ,has moved on in leaps and bounds ,but still not economically viable for most people 

aaronjb

« Reply #44 on: 13 July 2018, 20:40:29 »

Those figures don't make sense, Aaron

As you can see, I use over 5000 KW of gas and over 300KW of electric.

And here's mine:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.