Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bearings?  (Read 420 times)

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
Bearings?
« on: 01 September 2009, 17:51:55 »

Hi guys it seems my 2.2 CD auto is making a slight whirring noise from the front, my friend seems to think that this is more than likely the wheel bearings and has offered to change them both and do the pads at the same time.

Best place to get the parts please and any preference from oof on the brand of pads?

Thanks in Advance Dave. :)
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

feeutfo

Re: Bearings?
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2009, 18:26:44 »

pads
Most on here seem happy with trade club pads from vx, except some have had issues with bad squealing and excessive dust meaning they are wearing a bit quick, these seem best value, but personally i think give a very wooden feel so i go for oe which work much better but are almost £70 for the front axle set.

Bearings.
Are pressed into the hub on the front.(never done the rears) you can buy the correct bearings with the code marked on the side of them, if you have a press and skills to press them yourself or buy the whole hub, which is more expensive but easier to do. Cant remember the name of the recommended bearing supplier, maybe others will advise if you go that route. Hth

Big_Roger

• Intermediate Member
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2009, 23:44:07 »

Hi,
I bought one, hub kit that is, from GSF factors  (Germann Swedish French)
and the other one from Europarts

Both about the same price if I remember, about £37.00

Both identical make, just different package.

As I understand it, you should only use the complete hub kit for safety reasons.
Reckon it would be more trouble than worth to find supply of the actual bearing, and probably not much cheaper considering that the bearing for the rear (without the hub) and about the same size is £47.00

Roger
Be patient ! Something else will go wrong for you to fix if you wait long enough !!

3.2 manual

• nr yeovil, somerset
  • the great thread ender! whoops
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2009, 04:46:33 »

bought a pair on ebay, whole hub with abs about £30 each. dont mess with getting the bearing out, its just easier. they are quite cheap as i think they are common to a few models.
oh bugger, i thought that was a bit of wind!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.