Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Halfords batteries  (Read 1018 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Halfords batteries
« on: 30 December 2013, 15:23:42 »

My daughter's car needs a new battery. It's not started a couple of times now, always as she needed to be off somewhere, so the car's been jump started & off she's gone. Her journeys are then far enough that there's been enough charge to restart it to come home. Anyway ... I thought I'd take the easy route of pricing up a battery from the comfort of my armchair & see how much Halfords want. It's only a 40Ahr battery but they want £85  :o  :o  :o  :o It's cheaper at the main Fiat dealer. My local friendly motorfactor has just priced me a Yuasa at £32+vat  :y  :y  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Halfords batteries
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2013, 15:33:02 »

The last time I needed a battery for The Mig, Halfords wanted £90 odd and I got one for £50 from a local factors.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2013, 15:34:28 »

My daughter's car needs a new battery. It's not started a couple of times now, always as she needed to be off somewhere, so the car's been jump started & off she's gone. Her journeys are then far enough that there's been enough charge to restart it to come home. Anyway ... I thought I'd take the easy route of pricing up a battery from the comfort of my armchair & see how much Halfords want. It's only a 40Ahr battery but they want £85  :o  :o  :o  :o It's cheaper at the main Fiat dealer. My local friendly motorfactor has just priced me a Yuasa at £32+vat :y  :y  :y

Result. :y

The family Corsa came with a 36Ahr battery as standard, which, after ten years and a few reluctant cold starts, was replaced with a genuine 50 Ahr GM battery. This cost  £50 including the dreaded VAT.

The old girl turns over much faster now. ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2013, 20:37:13 »

Ask someone with a TC for Halfords.....to go get one priced.....sometimes less than 1/2 price  :y

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
  • Hahaha cool- 1000+bhp combined on the drive!!!!!!!
    • 3.0mv6 auto, cav4x4 turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 January 2014, 04:57:31 »

I found even on a halfords trade card they are still dearer than dealer! I got a GM battery too when I last got one, the parts guy was harping on about the brilliance of these new battery; I've put a few on my cavlier turbos over the years and I've never had one crank over so well as this GM one does! Well worth the money and like 1/3 smaller in physical size so a good weight saving there too lol!
The weather is here... Wish you were beautiful!

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2014, 08:51:01 »

I've just put a battery on the wife's Toyota Estima 2.2D. £99.99 from Halfords but using my neighbours trade card got it for £69,99. I could gage got one off eBay for £55 but the one I have has a four year warranty and should it fail it will be much less ball ache to take it back to Halfords than send it back to the eBay seller, assuming they're still around!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.