Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Silly old duffer  (Read 12931 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Silly old duffer
« Reply #60 on: 18 January 2019, 19:32:52 »

Let's get real, it's caravans that need to be banned from the roads!  :D  ;D

Agreed ..... especially those pulled with big 4x4's  ::) ::)

STEMO

« Reply #61 on: 18 January 2019, 19:35:25 »

If you are going to "ban" a group of drivers who cause most accidents ... which group should it be .....  ?

In November 2018, there were 5.3 million over-70s with full driving licences in Britain, according to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

There were 11,245 people involved in road traffic accidents where the driver was in that age group - a rate of two per 1,000 licence holders.

For Britain's 2.8 million drivers aged 17 to 24, the rate was more than four times as high, at nine per 1,000.

The DVLA did not provide figures on whether this simply reflected that the older age group were on the road less than the younger age group. However, a separate study from the National Travel Survey suggests that over-70 drive an average of 1,000 miles a year more than under-20s.[/i]

probably not the elderly ???  :)  :)

With an aging population the over 70's group will probably double in the next decade, so taking 10 million drivers off the road at the stroke of a pen would make our roads much safer, cut emissions and congestion, giving the youngster more room to tear about safely!  :y

It's a bit rough on Uncle STEMO and Lord Opti though, but they'd soon get used to getting the bus.  :)
Uncle STEMO wont be able to transport all the stolen goods by bus  :-\
Lord Opti would probably be better to hire a coach ,for all his bitches "lady friends" :-\

busses smash wing mirrors off and it takes several phone calls and emails before they agree to settle  >:(

can't we just send the old people to the Bognor regis concentration camps like we used to  :-\
Bognor Regis? My FIL lives there, so it will have to be Bournemouth for me, thank you  :y

When do I leave?

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18 January 2019, 19:46:35 »

Lord Opti would probably be better to hire a coach ,for all his bitches "lady friends" :-\

busses smash wing mirrors off and it takes several phone calls and emails before they agree to settle  >:(

can't we just send the old people to the Bognor regis concentration camps like we used to  :-\
Bognor Regis? My FIL lives there, so it will have to be Bournemouth for me, thank you  :y

When do I leave?
I granted you special dispensation Uncle STEMO (see above), plus you drive proper buy the sound of it  :)
your police avoidance training i expect  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #63 on: 18 January 2019, 19:49:36 »

When do I leave?
I granted you special dispensation Uncle STEMO (see above), plus you drive proper buy the sound of it  :)
your police avoidance training i expect  ;D
Why, thank you, Dave.........I think  :-\

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 18 January 2019, 22:00:19 »

That's right ban all the over 75's and as more older fitter people are alive they can cycle two abreast at 7mph, chatting to each other, so nobody in cars, vans or lorries can get past. :P Where they will be so fit and retired they can do that all day for the next 25 years. :P Beware of the hoards of the pensioners in lycra on their trick carbon framed bicycles. ;D

Now Phil the Greek has had a new hip, maybe it is time for him & his German wife to set an example by cycling everywhere together. :-X

Going back to his accident I read he had commented that he didn't see the car due to the low shining sun, which is an issue at this time of year for all drivers.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 18 January 2019, 23:17:13 »

Could plod have stuck the cuffs on the old boy  ??? Royal immunity maybe  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 19 January 2019, 10:35:13 »

That's right ban all the over 75's and as more older fitter people are alive they can cycle two abreast at 7mph, chatting to each other, so nobody in cars, vans or lorries can get past. :P Where they will be so fit and retired they can do that all day for the next 25 years. :P Beware of the hoards of the pensioners in lycra on their trick carbon framed bicycles. ;D

Now Phil the Greek has had a new hip, maybe it is time for him & his German wife to set an example by cycling everywhere together. :-X

Going back to his accident I read he had commented that he didn't see the car due to the low shining sun, which is an issue at this time of year for all drivers.

I wonder if we have the technology in 2019 to change the position of the sun relative to the Earth in the winter months.

A can-do attitude works wonders. :)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19 January 2019, 10:58:39 »

I wonder if we have the technology in 2019 to change the position of the sun relative to the Earth in the winter months.

A can-do attitude works wonders. :)

Er, Brexit???? :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19 January 2019, 11:56:53 »

Remember the chief constable will be making the decision, based on his pension and possible knighthood.
Hoof'land storeman.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 19 January 2019, 17:44:28 »

Don’t forget it was the duke who stood up for us motorists by making sure police cars were stickered up to be seen and not as he put it running around in black cars like the gestopo.
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 19 January 2019, 18:26:13 »

Yes, indeed.  It was two years ago this month that I crunched the back of a van at slow speed when the sun blinded me for a crucial second or two and I was too close to the van's rear.....!! :o :o :o

From what I now understand about this road, considered "dangerous" you can understand the sun could be a factor ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #71 on: 19 January 2019, 18:28:20 »

Gutter press reports that he's back out driving a shiny new Freelander and doesn't wear a seatbelt .. and may be investigated for dangerous driving.

Can see him sharing a cell with Big Winston soon. ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 20 January 2019, 01:24:27 »

Why not, I can't see him wanting to be in the tower, via traitors gate, with the commoner riff raff like Treason May, Dominic Grieve or Lord Opti's 'rough stuff bint' avatar. :-[ :-[ :-[
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 20 January 2019, 08:09:38 »

Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #74 on: 20 January 2019, 08:18:19 »

She's going to need to be careful in tunnels now eh..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.