Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rocker cover gasket  (Read 6411 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Rocker cover gasket
« Reply #75 on: 23 March 2014, 11:06:39 »

Re gm parts, as TB says, and implies, it's no good people just shouting out what they did themselves as the best thing to do for everyone. If your nearest dealer has stopped doing trade club, why does that mean recommending nobody uses trade club? It doesn't, it means there's a valid reason to not use TC in that instance, but not necessarily everyone else. (Unless their nearest tc dealer also turns out to be miles away of course ;D)

I don't think anyone has done this to be honest Chris.  ::) 
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

cd 2.2

« Reply #76 on: 23 March 2014, 11:17:35 »

Not to mention that you need a Registered business or organisation, a VAT number and be able to prove these things to become a trade club member !

Not all of us have these things or are able to access these things! This then makes trade club a non option and we have to pay standard dealer prices anyway :)

My local Vx dealer accepts the trade club but you have to have the above things first as I said ... I'm not saying to avoid the dealers for parts Chris, completely the opposite. If you can afford to get them by all means get them .... If you can't, Look at second hand parts Before buying crap pattern parts, I learned my lesson the hard way  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 23 March 2014, 11:59:59 »

Not to mention that you need a Registered business or organisation, a VAT number and be able to prove these things to become a trade club member !

Not all of us have these things or are able to access these things! This then makes trade club a non option and we have to pay standard dealer prices anyway :)

As far as I understand, if you join the Autobahnstormers Club which is £25 a year then you can get a Trade Club card and this is how many of the members on the forum access The Trade Club and get the good discounts on service items and some other parts.  ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #78 on: 23 March 2014, 12:18:02 »

As far as I understand, if you join the Autobahnstormers Club which is £25 a year then you can get a Trade Club card and this is how many of the members on the forum access The Trade Club and get the good discounts on service items and some other parts.  ;)
This information is freely and clearly given in the Newbie and Frequently Asked Questions sections.

It strikes me as being quite apparent that there is a significant number of people, particularly newer members who seem incapable of reading through the forum and using the search facility prior to posting.

I'll say no more of it here, but might start summat in General Chat :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #79 on: 23 March 2014, 12:33:12 »

Re gm parts, as TB says, and implies, it's no good people just shouting out what they did themselves as the best thing to do for everyone. If your nearest dealer has stopped doing trade club, why does that mean recommending nobody uses trade club? It doesn't, it means there's a valid reason to not use TC in that instance, but not necessarily everyone else. (Unless their nearest tc dealer also turns out to be miles away of course ;D)

I disagree. Let's take your wiper blades, same as any other component, its only of interest if its better than the best available for the same money, or equal quality for less money. Its of no use whatsoever spouting on about cheaper parts that are also worse parts UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE having seen the part through its life.

Intended or otherwise, its implied the part is of interest as why would anybody bother to post up on a web site that this part is really cheap, without knowing its shit/good/brilliant or otherwise...?

Then when questioned as to quality you then implied its better as its cheaper, then when questioned that from experience they are shite, you can't respond as you don't know claiming you don't care they are cheap.

Oh good, so after fifty posts of bollards we all go back to the recommended part. ::)

That's great thankyou Sir Tigger!

chrisgixer

« Reply #80 on: 23 March 2014, 12:40:09 »

This information is freely and clearly given in the Newbie and Frequently Asked Questions sections.

It strikes me as being quite apparent that there is a significant number of people, particularly newer members who seem incapable of reading through the forum and using the search facility prior to posting.

I'll say no more of it here, but might start summat in General Chat :-\

I have asked for a list of parts to be made a sticky at the top of car chat. Originally it was a list of trade club parts from the tc web site entitled tc parts list or similar.

But clearly it will need to evolve into something titled differently as trade club parts, or indeed any dealer supplied parts, will eventually dry up. We do need to find replacements, and as said before, we need people to pipe when an acceptable alternative to gm parts are found, as in the case of James and Eternal exhausts.
« Last Edit: 23 March 2014, 12:41:57 by chrisgixer »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 23 March 2014, 12:48:00 »

I disagree. Let's take your wiper blades, same as any other component, its only of interest if its better than the best available for the same money, or equal quality for less money. Its of no use whatsoever spouting on about cheaper parts that are also worse parts UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE having seen the part through its life.

Intended or otherwise, its implied the part is of interest as why would anybody bother to post up on a web site that this part is really cheap, without knowing its shit/good/brilliant or otherwise...?

Then when questioned as to quality you then implied its better as its cheaper, then when questioned that from experience they are shite, you can't respond as you don't know claiming you don't care they are cheap.

Oh good, so after fifty posts of bollards we all go back to the recommended part. ::)

That's great thankyou Sir Tigger!

Nope I don't accept that at all. I didn't say explicitly or implicitly that my wiper blades were better because they were cheap. If I recall you ridiculed me for buying cheap crap and I accepted that they might not last long but at the price I paid if they didn't last long then I wouldn't be too bothered.

As it happens my cheap and nasty wiper blades do what they are supposed to.  They clear water off the windscreen efficiently and quietly and I am very happy with my purchase. £2.74.

Also I have never advised anyone not to use Trade Club.  I have never bothered with it myself for the reasons I stated before, but I fully recognise that it is a valuable resource for many members, it's just not for me. That's all.

If you want to carry on this well worn argument Chris start a new thread. Lets not take over this one.

chrisgixer

« Reply #82 on: 23 March 2014, 12:54:39 »

It's too late for that. I've only piped up because of some the dross posted on a help thread.

Your wipers are an Example! If they do indeed turn out to be of use, with decent life once expired, that would be a good time to let people know about them. :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 23 March 2014, 18:55:20 »

Nope, you don't need any of that  :)

dave irmscher

• staffordshire
    • Omega MV6 IRMSCHER
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 02 April 2014, 13:49:54 »

Sorted !!  :)

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02 April 2014, 13:51:00 »

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.