Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhaust - Oh my god..  (Read 4287 times)

dtnorth

Re: Exhaust - Oh my god..
« Reply #30 on: 06 March 2007, 22:48:50 »

Nope, its 2 cut up dog food tins and 4 jubilee clips, and never ending getting the
piss taken out of you by bloody vauxhall franchises , kwik fit and the like.

See pic below as to an M6 around Lancaster quick fix re snapped exhaust on a 2.2
using the above method...

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 March 2007, 08:01:10 »

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament and I would like to offer whatever help I can give.  I have a pit available to me which would make the work easier I have also played with several exhaust systems including the 2.0 vectra version.  You would have to fart your way to sunny tidworth.

The problem is that I am away on exercise from this weekend for 2 weeks so if you can wait till after the 26th......

Gaffers

dtnorth

« Reply #32 on: 07 March 2007, 10:27:51 »

Thanks very much for the offer.

Just phoned VX in Bridgend, Wales.  Quoted £550 for rear silencer and 2 mid silencers.
F*%@ing thiefs....

I'm visiting Kwik-Fit at 12.    Quoted around £200 for the same parts and fitting.

Lets see what they actually quote after inspection.

Ill post the results later.....

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 March 2007, 10:58:07 »

I would seriously consider getting the parts through someone with a TC, you saw the prices quoted not bad for orig parts.....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 March 2007, 13:39:26 »

Thanks very much for the offer.

Just phoned VX in Bridgend, Wales.  Quoted £550 for rear silencer and 2 mid silencers.
F*%@ing thiefs....

I'm visiting Kwik-Fit at 12.    Quoted around £200 for the same parts and fitting.

Lets see what they actually quote after inspection.

Ill post the results later.....

As mentioned before Kwik-Fit exhausts are FALSE economy, in 2 years it will be shot. GM will last 6 years +

GM exhausts are double walled and the metal used it s a lot thicker, they last and sound much, MUCH better than pattern KwikFit ones...

Become a member of Autobahnstormers (£20) and get a member card - (that gets you Trade Club prices at Vauxhall)

Or get a normal Vauxhall Card.

I paid £200 for mine, which is CAT back (2 mid section + rear silencer) all GM Vauxhall stuff!! The KwikFit exhausts sound appalling, CraigR has a non GM zorst and it sounds really awful.

Get the zorst on GM trade + local mechanic to fix  :y

dtnorth

Re: Exhaust - Oh my god.. -Advice needed
« Reply #35 on: 07 March 2007, 13:41:16 »

Im still trying to source this exhaust, namely the rear silencer, and the 2 mid silencers, however Im confused as to what is required.

www.onlineautomotive.co.uk show the following diagram, which looks right.

Reference    Part Image              Price Add
90794-OL     Catalytic Converter  £132.17  
GM442C-OL  Central Silencer         £58.25  
GM441D-OL  Central Silencer         £48.48  
GM443B-OL  Rear Silencer             £50.16  
GMR71-OL    Rubber Mount              £1.80  
SYL10-OL      Clamp                        £2.50  

However zooming into the Central Silencer parts on there web site shows the following part which doesnt look right at all.

Does anyone know if this is the right exhaust system for a 2001 2.2
Sport Auto.....

Thanks...

« Last Edit: 07 March 2007, 14:07:55 by Auto_Addict »

bigall

• merseyside
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 March 2007, 15:22:16 »

Don't think any of the photos , other than the cat, relate to the omega. The photo of the back box gets me worried,

The parts diagram is correct 2.2 requires 2 centre boxes and 1 back box as per diagram. Get also the bolts, nuts , washers to fasten the centre box to the end of the cat . Sods law that you will shear them off if you do it yourself

Whatever non vaux system you get check carefully the shape of the back box it should be the same as the oem box ie almost cuboid in shape and fits  snuggly in the space provided- not cylindical

Mine is cylindrical
 exhaust is quiet but when the engine is warm  stationary and in drive the rear box just touches part of the chassis leg and the vibrations are not very pleasant.

been back to supplier/fitter on regular basis = but still not quiet all the time
I drive a moneypit Omega - at least its comfortable!!!!!  200k approaching rapidly!!!!!!!!! "") (must change oil soon)

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 March 2007, 16:33:04 »

Yeah Mate i would only Buy a GM Zorst As mine is horrid i hate the sound it makes I got a None GM one priced up and it worked out at about 100 pounds cat back but sod that i would rather pay £200 and not have it sounding as it does, its one of my next jobs or one of my next jobs for now i turn the radio up lol

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

mar892ree

• Northampton
  • if it dont undo, hit it wiv an hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 March 2007, 18:05:48 »

iF YOU CAN NOT GET HOLD OF A TRADE CLUB CARD , TRY RINGING AUTOVAUX, GENUINE PARTS AT NEAR TRADE PRICES
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.