Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SWMBO is watching.....  (Read 3944 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: SWMBO is watching.....
« Reply #15 on: 28 November 2018, 23:47:46 »

I'd like to think we've moved on a bit from .....

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 November 2018, 00:42:33 »

Not far...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 November 2018, 00:54:11 »

We just don't say it out loud....

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 November 2018, 12:17:14 »

We just don't say it out loud....

Ron.

Well this is the thing, Ron.

These days we are made to feel guilty for saying 'politically incorrect' things in the privacy of our own homes. In their own home people should be able to speak and think as they see fit.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2018, 12:23:08 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 November 2018, 12:22:13 »

My mother frequently used a wool officially described as "Nigger Brown" and nobody found it unusual or offensive, just descriptive, as Dr. Opti said.

Ron.

Nigger brown paint was an official colour. Available everywhere. Well before my time though.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 November 2018, 12:42:22 »

But why should we feel guilty, Doctor, just to go along with the thought police who wish to control what we think and say?
I saw thatfilm last night  on YouTube, and it simply reflected the way we were at that time: quite refreshing, though!

Ron.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 November 2018, 12:44:14 »

Even then, though, they had to justify their attitudes with a disclaimer - "I have to think of my business".

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 November 2018, 12:53:09 »

Even then, though, they had to justify their attitudes with a disclaimer - "I have to think of my business".

Ron.

There is a desire to 'airbrush history' which I disagree with. Didn't they change Nigger to Digger in a later version? Why do this?

And why do we (via our government) constantly need to apologise for slavery? If this is the case we should demand an apology from the Italians (Romans) who held the reins for 400 years in this country often with much brutality.

.........and the Vikings from the Scandinavian countries can also apologise. ::)

Some need to move on from a victim mentality which seems to bring comfort.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 November 2018, 13:05:34 »

Slavery was down to the greedy plantation owners of America who wanted cheap/free labour on their estates. We only got involved because we were a staging post for the long journey from Africa to America - ships back then couldn't make it in one hop.
Several of the slaves managed to jump ship at London and Bristol, hence the beginning of the ghettoes in those places.
The Africans themselves must share the blame, as they were instrumental is pulling the potential slaves from the jungle: white men could not survive in there, so the natives had to do it for them.
Not our fault, no need to feel guilty.

Ron.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #24 on: 29 November 2018, 13:07:09 »

Let's hold a vigil and hope we are all forgiven.
😀😁😂

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 November 2018, 13:08:46 »

Slavery was down to the greedy plantation owners of America who wanted cheap/free labour on their estates. We only got involved because we were a staging post for the long journey from Africa to America - ships back then couldn't make it in one hop.
Several of the slaves managed to jump ship at London and Bristol, hence the beginning of the ghettoes in those places.
The Africans themselves must share the blame, as they were instrumental is pulling the potential slaves from the jungle: white men could not survive in there, so the natives had to do it for them.

Ron.

Yes. But because of links with Liverpool and other cities we need to constantly apologise. :-\

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 29 November 2018, 13:09:37 »

Ron.

There is a desire to 'airbrush history' which I disagree with. Didn't they change Nigger to Digger in a later version? Why do this?

And why do we (via our government) constantly need to apologise for slavery? If this is the case we should demand an apology from the Italians (Romans) who held the reins for 400 years in this country often with much brutality.

.........and the Vikings from the Scandinavian countries can also apologise. ::)

'Comfort', I think means more than you meant it to mean. For comfort, read secure or security, because, imo, the root of all the offence is insecurity. If a black person were to call me a honky, I would shrug it off, not cry racism. Those Australian folk have been calling us 'Bloody wingeing poms' for years. Again, water off a ducks back. Racism, sexism, ageism, any ism you like, is offensive only to people who are insecure with their identity.  :)

I do clinics on Monday evenings if you need your bumps felt.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 29 November 2018, 13:11:23 »

Ron.

Yes. But because of links with Liverpool and other cities we need to constantly apologise. :-\
Scouseism! You bastard, I'm offended, me.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 November 2018, 13:32:47 »

Ron.

'Comfort', I think means more than you meant it to mean. For comfort, read secure or security, because, imo, the root of all the offence is insecurity. If a black person were to call me a honky, I would shrug it off, not cry racism. Those Australian folk have been calling us 'Bloody wingeing poms' for years. Again, water off a ducks back. Racism, sexism, ageism, any ism you like, is offensive only to people who are insecure with their identity.  :)

The only bump I have is in the trouser department.........If you were a 19 year old swedish girl I would be happy for you to check it out.

However, as you are an elderly gobby scouser of ill repute and  undocumented parentage, you can far cough. :)

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 29 November 2018, 14:42:29 »

Ron.

The only bump I have is in the trouser department.........If you were a 19 year old swedish girl I would be happy for you to check it out.

However, as you are an elderly gobby scouser of ill repute and  undocumented parentage, you can far cough. :)
Righto  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.