Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: damn those wishbones  (Read 1097 times)

05omegav6

damn those wishbones
« on: 03 August 2010, 19:59:44 »

in light of our american friends' wishbone issues, i have contacted my parts supplier who are quite happy to exchange my nearly new knackered arms for a fresh pair, they've offered first link ones as an alternative to the delphi ones :-/
question is, do i give these a go ,or do i presume (that given other peoples issues with previously reliable arms/bushes) that whoever supplies the aftermarket bushes have some serious quality issues. >:( if this is the case,  then perhaps genuine gm ones are the only option... :-/

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
Re: damn those wishbones
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2010, 20:02:28 »

Mine are first link.....no probs as yet!!  (10k so far)
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2010, 20:03:16 »

Firstlink (firstline?) are pretty poor with their other suspension offerings IIRC.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2010, 10:18:43 »

might have been them, certain it began with first... :-/
they were doing a hardish 1100 miles a week. ::)
originals ran to 130k ish. :)
that'd be about 2 years then :-/
« Last Edit: 04 August 2010, 10:26:33 by 05omegav6 »

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2010, 11:13:42 »

Firstline wishbones are shite, even the guy at the firstline counter said don't buy them, although it was 2 or 3 years ago now. Poor quality from firstline in every area except filters to my knowledge, as are the wishbones from buy parts buy.

There are numerous £50 a pair wb's about, lazydockers are the only reliable items afaik he posted the link on here somewhere. I'm sure he'll pop in, or pm him

Although...
Think Kevin has these?
http://www.vauxcentre.co.uk/index.php?option=Prod_detail&product_id=485975&image_id=190941
« Last Edit: 04 August 2010, 11:14:49 by chrisgixer »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2010, 11:17:34 »

Although...
Think Kevin has these?
http://www.vauxcentre.co.uk/index.php?option=Prod_detail&product_id=485975&image_id=190941

Yep, I think so. Not to say they are the same supplier still, of course. Can't recall any markings on mine indicating a manufacturer but they were visually the same quality as what was on there before and also the Meyle bushes we bought.

Seeing as it appears to be a lottery whatever you spend, I would try them again.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

beemerdevil

« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2010, 11:57:10 »

Lemforders from allgermanparts.co.uk (£64 ea. incl.vat and delivered to your door) - spot on and as used by WIM so I beleive :y
« Last Edit: 04 August 2010, 11:58:38 by beemerdevil »

feeutfo

« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2010, 12:04:56 »

Lemforders from allgermanparts.co.uk (£64 ea. incl.vat and delivered to your door) - spot on and as used by WIM so I beleive :y
Just fitted these. Presumed the op looking for cheeper option though.  :-/

feeutfo

« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2010, 12:17:19 »

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2010, 03:20:20 »

thanks for all that.
cost is a bit of an issue, but am more concerned that pattern bushes could all be from the same supplier :-/ as there seems to be no consistancy.
i'm not using the car at the moment :'( so time is not so crucial. i also need to sort the issues with the subframe. i'm sure that bolt holes are round for a good reason. surely if they were meant to be oval, then they would all be oval :-/
need to also check that the steering box is aligned as it should be. expensive as it might be, replacing all the components with gm bits and a trip to chesham should resolve the whole problem for the next 100k.
i hope. :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.