Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone for a fly-past?  (Read 8415 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Anyone for a fly-past?
« on: 09 July 2018, 11:49:53 »

If you're in the London area tomorrow (1:00 PM 10 July) then the RAF are having a centenary flypast over Buckingham Palace (assuming their navigational skills allow them to find it  ;D).

100 aircraft will form up over East Anglia, then fly in past Ipswich, Colchester, over London, and disperse to the west. Heathrow is going to 'pause' for up to 15 minutes to allow some of the formations to pass overhead. If you can read Aeronautical-ese, details are here :

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/593e87342e69cf4a3e148bb4/t/5b365c78f950b77e28c3a55d/1530289310313/RAF+100+2018+ACN+V2.pdf

Unlikely there will be this big a flypast (of manned aircraft anyway) over the smoke ever again.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone for a fly-past?
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2018, 13:36:54 »

Have we got 100 serviceable aircraft or are some going to go around twice or maybe three times ?   ;D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2018, 14:42:42 »

Have we got 100 serviceable aircraft or are some going to go around twice or maybe three times ?   ;D

We'll find that out tomorrow. So far, for the practices they've launched 26 Typhoons from Coningsby in order to be sure of getting 22 serviceable ones into the 'surprise' 100 formation. Add to that it's 9 Red Arrows, 8 BBMF (Spitfires/Hurricanes/Lancaster/Dacota), 9 Hawk T1's (Leeming based but operating Wittering->Boscombe down) 9 Hawk T2's (Valley based, operating Linton->Odiham), 9 Tucanos (Linton based, operating Wattisham->Linton), 7 Tornados (Marham->Marham), 3  F35's (Marham->Marham but if more than one goes tech expect Tonkas to fill in), a mix of about 12 choppers (Chinook, Puma, Juno, Jupiter), and then one each E3, Voyager, A400, C-17, Bae146, Sentinel and a few other bits and bobs and it should just about be do-able.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2018, 15:02:17 »

Was planning to head to 7th floor of our new carpark for this and try to get some snaps, as we are parallel to the Heathrow flight path. (Osterley) But someone scheduled a meeting for this time  >:(

Normally I'd chance it, but it's a my project board one.  :(

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2018, 15:05:45 »

Was planning to head to 7th floor of our new carpark for this and try to get some snaps, as we are parallel to the Heathrow flight path. (Osterley) But someone scheduled a meeting for this time  >:(

Oops - I don't suppose you forgot to book the meeting room, so it'll have to be al-fresco on the roof?  ::)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2018, 15:38:25 »

Oops - I don't suppose you forgot to book the meeting room, so it'll have to be al-fresco on the roof?  ::)

I could suggest that  :D

Sadly, it's not my room booking otherwise it may have mistakenly been "deleted"  ;D

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2018, 16:43:55 »

I assume you use an online planner (outlook or whatever) , you were a bit slow on marking the time in your planner as busy  ::) ;D

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2018, 17:04:39 »

We had a flight of helicopters come over us no idea what they were but it did include about 4 V2 ospreys . They went over just before 1500 then came back over about half hour later

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2018, 17:11:47 »

We had a flight of helicopters come over us no idea what they were but it did include about 4 V2 ospreys . They went over just before 1500 then came back over about half hour later

3 Ospreys (168292, 168306 and 168324) plus 2 VH60's (perm any two from 163260/261/265). Temporary based at Northolt for the Trumpster later in the week. Today was the heli-convoy practice from Northolt up to Stansted, and back via a top secret military establishment beginning with Sand, and ending with Sir Geoff Hurst  8) . Expect a repeat appearance on Thursday/Friday, though this time the guns will probably be loaded.
« Last Edit: 09 July 2018, 17:13:37 by LC0112G »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2018, 18:01:38 »

I shall go out in the garden and look skywards tomorrow.  Should be quite a sight, hopefully.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2018, 19:21:41 »

Saw that in the paper.

Would be fantastic to see. I had never heard of some on the list like the prefect. Have googled them since .

Will have to watch on TV.

Salisbury next years Main Armed Forces day site with Scarborough the following year. That will be absolutely brilliant for the fly pasts.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 July 2018, 20:27:19 »

Late again as usual :D The centenary was actually April 1st when the RAF officially came into being when the RFC[Royal Flying Corps]and RNAS[Royal Naval Air Service]were combined into one unified command.Navy later got its air arm back again re-branded the FAA[Fleet Air Arm]

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 July 2018, 20:36:22 »

Late again as usual :D The centenary was actually April 1st when the RAF officially came into being when the RFC[Royal Flying Corps]and RNAS[Royal Naval Air Service]were combined into one unified command.

April 1st this year was a Sunday. The RAF don't do weekends ;D

Navy later got its air arm back again re-branded the FAA[Fleet Air Arm]

Yes, because as one RAF Harrier pilot once told me, "I didn't join the Air Force to sail about on a boat".

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 July 2018, 21:12:00 »

Saw a 747 which looked as though it was flying into Mildenhall yesterday. Maybe a dry run for Donald, (unless he,s holed up there already). Also today there was a military chopper, (not sure what make :-[) very low over the A143 coming home from Diss.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 July 2018, 21:43:15 »

3 Ospreys (168292, 168306 and 168324) plus 2 VH60's (perm any two from 163260/261/265). Temporary based at Northolt for the Trumpster later in the week. Today was the heli-convoy practice from Northolt up to Stansted, and back via a top secret military establishment beginning with Sand, and ending with Sir Geoff Hurst  8) . Expect a repeat appearance on Thursday/Friday, though this time the guns will probably be loaded.

I did hear fighter aircraft today where I live just over a mile from the mentioned top secret military establishment, so I will listen out tomorrow and arm myself with my DSLR but there are many trees in the vicinity of my house including two oaks in my front garden, so viewing maybe limited. :-\ :-[
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.