Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Wales Meet Thread  (Read 12345 times)

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
Another Wales Meet Thread
« on: 26 July 2007, 10:18:20 »

With the bad news from Smoothomega, I have been asked if I would take on the Wales Meet arrangements. Notice I never said organisation.

I am on holiday for two weeks from Friday 3rd August so need to know numbers so that I can get the site booked.

I am proposing that we use the Pelerine campsite. As in the other thread, you can read the reviews here. The booking will be for two nights, i.e. Fri 31st Aug and Sat 1st Sept. I contacted the site a week or so ago and they could accomodate 20 people at that time but I have no idea how many we are likely to get.

Please let me know by PM how many of you will be going, and what you intend to stay in i.e. tent or caravan. The cost for this site would be £16 per night including electric hook up so not bad when you look at the facilities. By all means also leave details here of your interest but I really need to know numbers before I go on holiday to ensure that we get the space required and that everything is not left to the last minute.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2007, 13:28:28 by TheBoy »
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: Another Wales Meet Thread
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2007, 10:23:21 »

Cheers for taking this on...

PM'd to say :

Both Nights
Either 2 of us in a small 4 man tent
or 2 Adults, 2 kids in an 8 man tent.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2007, 10:23:58 by jimbob »

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2007, 10:49:01 »

PM sent

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2007, 12:50:06 »

I don't mean to be a Party Pooper Guys as the site looks fine to me, but is this place going to be under water or will we be able to get to it with the floods down there?? :(
« Last Edit: 26 July 2007, 12:50:42 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2007, 13:04:02 »

I don't mean to be a Party Pooper Guys as the site looks fine to me, but is this place going to be under water or will we be able to get to it with the floods down there?? :(

No party pooping taken :y

I have spoken to the site and they are fully open with fresh running water. Out of the taps that is, not down the road. Access is virtually all motorway, M5, M50 junction 3. Here is a link for directions.

I have made a provisional booking for 10 pitches, a mixture of caravans and tents and I may have to shell out a deposit for these to secure them so early commitment would be greatly appreciated.

See you all there. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 26 July 2007, 13:34:45 by martin_saint »

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2007, 13:19:40 »

Looks a nice site
Hopefully big enough - 20 pitches, we may need em all yet!
looks quite posh, hope they dont mind open bonnets and car work!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2007, 18:04:45 »

Golfbuddy - presumably they don't mind a group of 20 or so mainly 30/40yr olds?  Will they let us have a 'corner' to ourselves, so as not to disturb others?  Are there any strict 'lights out' time - we are generally quiet, but tend to chat in to the night a bit. Basically, don't want to upset owner and other campers.

Put me down - not sure if I'll bring my own tent, or try and share, as its only me this time - Mrs TheBoy is away for the weekend elsewhere.
Grumpy old man

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2007, 18:54:58 »

Golfbuddy - presumably they don't mind a group of 20 or so mainly 30/40yr olds?  Will they let us have a 'corner' to ourselves, so as not to disturb others?  Are there any strict 'lights out' time - we are generally quiet, but tend to chat in to the night a bit. Basically, don't want to upset owner and other campers.

Put me down - not sure if I'll bring my own tent, or try and share, as its only me this time - Mrs TheBoy is away for the weekend elsewhere.

They are going to give us our own field, actually the family area as we will have children with us.

Here is a copy of the recent correspondance with the site:

Hi Martin
yes no problem, i have availability at the moment, cost would be £16 per night per unit in total including electric hook up if required.
Let me know asap if you wish to book
regards
Gail

Pete and Gail Davis

Pelerine Caravan Site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: pelerine@hotmail.com
Subject: Web Customer
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:58:55 +0100

Hi

I was wondering if you would be able to accomodate a group booking of upto say 20 people comprising family groups in tourers and tents on the weekend of 31st August to 2nd September this year.

The group would be coming from all over the country so there would be a good mix of people but need somewhere reasonable central and you really seem to fit the bill.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Martin Saint

I spoke to the site again today and they did not seem at all concerned, in fact the website says that they are happy to cater for groups of tents so I would think we would be OK. If all else fails, we could move to Stalag 666 just up the road.

:)

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2007, 19:28:10 »

Golfbuddy

I know this meet is in Wales and would like to come but because SWMBO wont be fit enough i thought i would explain the reason why im not putting my name forward.

It would be nice to meet all who is going but it might have to wait until a meet next year, If we can we will make the trip on a day basis just to say hello.

Russ..
Is the world ready for me..

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2007, 19:31:42 »

Golfbuddy

I know this meet is in Wales and would like to come but because SWMBO wont be fit enough i thought i would explain the reason why im not putting my name forward.

It would be nice to meet all who is going but it might have to wait until a meet next year, If we can we will make the trip on a day basis just to say hello.

Russ..

Cheers Russ, it would be great if you could make for the day only.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2007, 21:18:19 »

So is this another Wales meet then or is this just the one????

Have the dates changed then too???
« Last Edit: 26 July 2007, 21:20:34 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 July 2007, 21:37:56 »

So is this another Wales meet then or is this just the one????

Have the dates changed then too???

No, it is the original one, only it's been moved to a different campsite. Please see my original post at the top of this page.

Sadly, owing to Smoothomega's difficult personal circumstances  :'( he asked if I would take over and I am only too pleased to help out. Although, if it all goes t1ts up it's still his fault.  ;)

Happy to answer any questions  :) :) :)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2007, 21:46:09 »

I'd love to come...but can't.  :( I'm away on holiday that week in sunny Yorkshire. :'(  It's a shame too 'cos I've been polishing my engine in anticipation too  ;)

From one organiser to another...good luck  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 July 2007, 08:32:19 »

Golfbuddy

Russ..
If you can make for just a day trip, that would be great, though depends how far you are from site...
Grumpy old man

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 July 2007, 10:25:19 »

I'd love to come...but can't.  :( I'm away on holiday that week in sunny Yorkshire. :'(  It's a shame too 'cos I've been polishing my engine in anticipation too  ;)

From one organiser to another...good luck  :y

Sorry you can't make it Chopsdad. Good thing is we won't need welding masks to protect us from the glare of your engine.  :y :y

Enjoy Yorkshire.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.