Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TOP GEAR  (Read 2916 times)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: TOP GEAR
« Reply #15 on: 21 June 2009, 22:21:50 »

It was probably Ferrari wanting only Schumacher to drive the FXX.
Retired

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 June 2009, 22:41:36 »

just about to check it out on i player  :y
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 June 2009, 22:57:11 »

nah, it's not who they revealed - just a gag - ending with him being unable to drive the leana

a small amount of research, cross referencing the ONE photo of white stig where you actually see his eyes, together with photos of pro drivers reveals the honest truth - and its NOT who you think it is!!!!

errr...yes i am that sad  :(
« Last Edit: 21 June 2009, 22:57:55 by bannjaxx »
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

feeutfo

« Reply #18 on: 22 June 2009, 12:46:52 »

It was probably Ferrari wanting only Schumacher to drive the FXX.

Defo. they wont let any idiot drive one of those. By the sound of it they only just let the customers drive them.  :-/

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 June 2009, 12:50:30 »

Only one black FXX in the world and it belongs to Schumacher. I guess thats why he was there! Would you let that car out of your sight?
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 June 2009, 18:11:04 »

That black Ferarri was stunningly fast. I wonder if that time will ever be beaten!?

varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 June 2009, 20:35:40 »

I thought everyone knew the stig is ben collins?? made it to f3 and won a lot ran out of funds so went sports car racing, he replaced the original stig who was perry macarther :y

Omega man 2

• Omega Knight
  • If all else fails, get out the oxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 June 2009, 20:40:16 »

The fxx shouldn't be on the board as it's not a road car ::) They've said that a few times before why they let the ffx on it ::) ::) ::)

waspy

« Reply #23 on: 22 June 2009, 21:51:28 »

The fxx shouldn't be on the board as it's not a road car ::) They've said that a few times before why they let the ffx on it ::) ::) ::)

Yeah you're right :y

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 June 2009, 21:59:02 »

That black Ferarri was stunningly fast. I wonder if that time will ever be beaten!?

varche

Well it will have to be something VERY special to beat that.........

I remember they had a Renault F1 car on a while back and that did a lap in 57 seconds if I remember correctly, so you are looking at something thats getting on for being as quick as an F1 car to surpass the Fxx time...........!!!

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 June 2009, 22:10:03 »

Lol, schumacher was only the stig on that day as he was sent by Ferrari to drive the new Ferrari (he still works as a consultant for them).

As for Tornado coming a close second (there was minutes in it apparantly). Remember she is not yet passed for 90mph running and was held up by slow trains on the twin track south of Edinburgh.

But, I thought she could carry enough coal to go from London to Edinburgh without a re-fill?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 June 2009, 22:15:47 »

As for the high speed wheel spin....thats pretty dangerous!

here is an extract from what happened to 'Blue Peter' (an A2) near Durham in 1994

In 1994, during the first run of a preserved steam locomotive from Edinburgh to Newcastle, 60532 suffered extensive damage during a catastrophic uncontrolled wheelslip.

During an unscheduled stop at Durham station the inexperienced footplate crew overfilled the boiler. As the train departed south across Durham viaduct an initial slip was poorly controlled by the driver, who then reopened the regulator too early, probably worried about stalling on the bank up to Relly Mill. The force of the initial slip caused the boiler to prime, carrying water over into the regulator valve and jamming it open. This allowed passage of steam through to the cylinders, perpetuating the slip and accelerating the driving wheels. When the driver attempted to wind the reversing gear back into mid-position to halt the slip, the force of the boiler spun it into full-forward position, and the driving wheels reached a rotational speed of 140mph before the cylinder heads blew off and the motion disintegrated.

The driver suffered major injury to his arms, as a result of the screw reversing lever whipping around when he released it. The accident brought to light the importance of traincrews being trained on the specific locomotives they were driving, rather than simply a common general instruction on steam locomotives. Neither the driver or fireman had ever worked 60532 before, and were unaware of the locomotive's sensitivity to priming, which led to the accident.

And some of the sound and vision footage

http://www.steamsoundsarchive.com/13/audio/19940814.mp3 - In this file, you can hear the real extent to which the drive wheels continue with themselves, and the discharge from the cylinders as the heads are blown off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsNbzg1UaI&fmt=18 - This film shows how bad the damage is, as the wheels started to grind away at the metal with such force, even sparks were sent off

Martin_1962

« Reply #27 on: 22 June 2009, 23:29:52 »

Lol, schumacher was only the stig on that day as he was sent by Ferrari to drive the new Ferrari (he still works as a consultant for them).

As for Tornado coming a close second (there was minutes in it apparantly). Remember she is not yet passed for 90mph running and was held up by slow trains on the twin track south of Edinburgh.

But, I thought she could carry enough coal to go from London to Edinburgh without a re-fill?

It has restricted coal capacity compared to the original built ones as they wanted more water capacity due to lack of troughs and columns

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 June 2009, 00:21:25 »

Amazing! Love steam engines, but I actually didn't know there were none left...hence scratchbuilding this one.

I suppose that's the problem with larger machines; trains, tanks, trucks, they tend not to survive as much as cars / motorbikes on account of their size.

If my Grandad had room in his shed for one of those when they were scrapped, he would have done! Instead he has  BSA Bantam!  ;)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 June 2009, 00:28:53 »

I watched a 1/2 hour documentery on the building of the Tornado recently.  Absolutly fan-bloomin'-tastic. If she'd been allowed to have her head it would have been such a different ending.
How come every time we saw Hammond it was pissing down with rain and the others were dry?
I bet he did it on a different day!
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.