Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio behaviour  (Read 5783 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Radio behaviour
« on: 27 August 2018, 13:35:14 »

The CCR2006 in my Elite is kaput,it won't recognise that there are any CDs in it and although the radio itself plays it seems to pick at random the volume it's playing at :o Given this I've got it turned off so the date shows on the display,however every 3rd or 4th time I start the car it displays SAFE because the radio has for some reason decided to turn itself on.This is mildly annoying,but my main worry is that it might decide to turn itself on while the car is parked and flatten the battery,any ideas why it would do this?I'd take it out and sling it but that'd leave an unsightly[and annoying]hole in the fascia.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Radio behaviour
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2018, 14:52:47 »

If your not bothered about the radio not working  :-
you could pull the unit out,remove the fuse from the back of the unit and slide it back in as a dummy
I removed mine and fitted a cheap 7" touch screen radio/mp3/video player with
b̶u̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶  reversing camera
more for the b̶u̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶ reversing camera than to listen to music
the old ccr2006 worked fine

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2018, 17:15:02 »

Took the CCR2006 out of mine, (think i gave it to Glastrokleptomaniac), and put a double din adapter in with a shitty Sony single din radio/CD. Only use it for local radio, BBC Radio Suffolk, Mostly use a memory stick or my MP3 player through the USB port. Adapter plate has a handy cubby hole to put the MP3  in. :D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2018, 17:37:38 »

I do like music on when I'm driving,but the prices asked for a CCR2006 seem way too high for what is a nigh on 20yr old stereo.I have a perfectly good Blaupunkt [single din]with 10 disc multi-changer but fitting that would mean raving all the speakers/wiring out of the car[it's Bose equipped]to make it work properly and I'm not sure I can be bothered[or have the expertise]to do that,reckon I'll just pull the fuse and do without the music.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2018, 22:25:41 »

Wire in an Aux feed, far, far better  :y

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=140870.msg1826312#msg1826312

Be similar for 2006, I now have standard aux feed near headlight switch where my phone mounts. Full Bose sounds via Spotify, it really gets far more out of Bose than FM radio ever did.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2018, 08:40:14 »

Horses for courses. Some prefer CDs. Or even tapes. Or even 8-tracks (ask yer dad).

Not everyone is from the Wankify generation ;)
Grumpy old man

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2018, 09:49:51 »

I've got a Clarion doubke DIN in the Special, I bought it from Dave DND on here, worth asking him if he has any recommendations. Mine has a rear USB, so I've ran a cable through the trim into the centre cubby to plug a wee stick in :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2018, 10:48:49 »

Horses for courses. Some prefer CDs. Or even tapes. Or even 8-tracks (ask yer dad).

Who said Aux feed must be generated from Spotify? Can use other MP3 players, or a portable CD player/tape etc. Even portable D.A.B radio.

Just a reliable input method  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2018, 11:40:30 »

CDC aux can be used to connect a n other head unit with disc changer, Bluetooth and other expandability... As per my black Elite... Which ran three disc changers via the second head unit in the glovebox :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2018, 19:32:41 »

Well in his original post tunnie lost me at wire :D DG are you saying that if I can get someone to find that CDC aux thing my Blaupunkt and through that its multi-changer could be wired in and it'd still play through the Bose amp/speakers?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2018, 20:46:09 »

In order...

Follow this: https://youtu.be/JtxHN2qSnFo

To fit this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-1m-Twin-RCA-2-x-Phono-Male-to-Male-RED-WHITE-Audio-OFC-Cable-Lead-1-Metre-/320697413215 by chopping off two plugs and soldering as per the link above.

Use the telematic plug being the glovebox to provide power to this... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-DSXS300BTX-Car-Stereo-with-iPod-Direct-Control-via-USB-and-bluetooth-/132754192828

Plug rca plugs into the audio output sockets.

Also acquire the following to suit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-CDX-T69-Car-6-Disc-CD-Multi-Changer-With-Data-Cable-Mounting-Brackets-/202392427677

Or... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Compact-10-Disc-Slot-Car-Changer-Model-No-CDX-656-/283109253453

If you want more than one disc changer, then you need: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-XAC30-CE7-XA-C30-3-Way-Splitter/dp/B00006OAHF rarely available but they do pop up.

This gives you a reliable CD changer, Bluetooth for music and calls along with USB input if you need to add it. Use the factory unit for volume, radio and nav. :y

Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2018, 21:54:49 »

Mine works perfectly, I just never turn it on.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 August 2018, 16:22:45 »

Who said Aux feed must be generated from Spotify? Can use other MP3 players, or a portable CD player/tape etc. Even portable D.A.B radio.
But surely, you'd use the CD player/change that's built in, or the tape player that's built it. Why piss around with adding unreliability ;)

I'll ignore the MP3 shite, because some people don't do/understand/want MP3 or other portable music ;). CDs are a bit modern and racey for some ;)
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 August 2018, 19:02:10 »

Never did get round to owning an 8 track,no longer have any cassette tapes but got a shed load of CDs.Don't understand or want this new stuff like I-pods,spotify etc. Reckon I'll either do without music while I'm in it or go scrap yard raiding for some suitably sized speakers junk all the Bose stuff and get the blaupunkt fitted.Although as it's not an "essential" it'll probably be a case of doing without music and I'll just pull the fuse to kill the CCR and stop it turning itself on when it feels like it.

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 August 2018, 05:26:48 »

I have a car300 car400 and cdr500. all work as of last time they were plugged in and have the code somewhere for cd play. codes on other 2.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.