Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aspartame  (Read 1245 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Aspartame
« on: 10 December 2013, 17:40:39 »

After the discussion on Aspartame some weeks back .. this might be of interest to some ... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25323216

MR MISTER

Re: Aspartame
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2013, 17:50:35 »

That puts that one to bed, or does it?  Cem? ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2013, 17:57:04 »

Maybe. I would rather have natural products than artificial ones. I shall continue to stay clear of processed foods, stuff of indefinite origin,low fat spreads etc.

Didn't do our ancestors any harm. They lived to be what 50 or 60 years old not eating artificial c4ap. :y :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2013, 18:07:38 »

That puts that one to bed, or does it?  Cem? ;D

I know many drugs thats sold in pharmacies without prescription which are lethal.. you pays the money takes the safety report..  no problem

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2013, 18:11:37 »

Maybe. I would rather have natural products than artificial ones. I shall continue to stay clear of processed foods, stuff of indefinite origin,low fat spreads etc.

Didn't do our ancestors any harm. They lived to be what 50 or 60 years old not eating artificial c4ap. :y :y

+1  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 December 2013, 18:13:26 »

Mediterranean diet has much to commend it and is still the recommended diet of choice. Taking simple ingredients and turning them into tasty wholesome food has much to commend it over the foul tasting IMO muck whose ingredients look like a chemical factories list of products.  :y :y :y :y

IMO you are what you eat.  :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2013, 18:34:32 »

As I said before, Aspartame has been widely studied due to the various conspiracy theories. It has probably been over analysed than say something like ice cream, due to worries about its effects. So far no adverse effects except in PKU's have been identified.

With regards to natural foods only; think of it this way. An overabundance of red meat in the western population has been identified to increased risk of colon cancer. No matter how unprocessed/fresh/alive it is. Doesn't stop people from consuming red meat in vast quantities. Alcohol has been identified to increase risk of stroke, etc. yet it is consumed in abundance by the general population. The harm from so called natural foods is just as great as the harm from artificial substances. Do not be misguided by a concept that everything natural is good for you.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 December 2013, 18:36:45 »

Mediterranean diet has much to commend it and is still the recommended diet of choice. Taking simple ingredients and turning them into tasty wholesome food has much to commend it over the foul tasting IMO muck whose ingredients look like a chemical factories list of products.  :y :y :y :y

Good point. What it indirectly hints at is vegetables, fish and olive oil. All independently known to have very positive effects on your body.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

bigegg

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • MV6 RIP - Lexus GS300 '99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2013, 11:25:28 »

That phrase *really* *REALLY* pees me off.

I never ate a fat sexy b@stard in my life  ;D ;D ;D
Carpe Incendium

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2013, 11:55:18 »

Fish, eating something thats been swimming, living, breeding, eating and drinking in your own effluent....no thanks  ;D

bigegg

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • MV6 RIP - Lexus GS300 '99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2013, 11:57:37 »

If you saw what is sprayed on the fields round here to make the veggies (and grass, to feed the cows) grow, you's never eat anything again.
Let's put it this way - I heard the farmer complaining about *used condoms* clogging up the spray feed  :(
Carpe Incendium

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 December 2013, 12:32:49 »

Fish, eating something thats been swimming, living, breeding, eating and drinking in your own effluent....no thanks  ;D

Yep, not to mention picking through hundreds of tiny bones for about 30 grams of meat. Why do people go to that trouble? Haven't they heard of cows?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.