Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

2.2 manual radiator leak

(1/3) > >>

terry paget:
This car passed its MOT last week. Now I see its losing coolant, and here's the reason why.

I haven't changed a radiator for a while, and can't find a guide. I recall its simple enough, apart from disconnecting the cable from the socket half way up the left hand side of the radiator. Can I do this when I have lifted the radiator up in it's giuide?

neil74:
My 2.6 is leaking from the same place which means topping up the cooling system fairly frequently. but the poxy cover screws are rotten so it will be a pain to remove it and then a pain to remove the remnants of the screws when I have replaced the radiator. and I have to do the damn cam cover seals too. and also the bonnet cable/clip etc so that I can open the bloody thing without having someone lean on it first.....

terry paget:
Good luck, Neil.
Here is my spare radiator, showing 2 sockets, one at top, one at bottom. It's the round one at the bottom I am worried about. Sorry to make all rhis fuss, but I hope to change the radiator this afternoon while son Ben is watching a football match leaving grandson Tom aged 3.5 in our care, together with his car-seat fitted car.

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: neil74 on 06 July 2018, 20:36:40 ---My 2.6 is leaking from the same place which means topping up the cooling system fairly frequently. but the poxy cover screws are rotten so it will be a pain to remove it and then a pain to remove the remnants of the screws when I have replaced the radiator. and I have to do the damn cam cover seals too. and also the bonnet cable/clip etc so that I can open the bloody thing without having someone lean on it first.....

--- End quote ---
Cut a slot in the head with a dremel and unscrew it ::)

TheBoy:
That connector doesn't have much slack, and is a bastid.  Just needs patience - difficult in this heat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version