Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

insurance anyone found a broker that will take a mig as a classic car?

(1/5) > >>

Toaster:
well my PFL has turned 20 so assumed it would be easy to get a limited mileage second car classic policy

not despite there being less than 55 manual mv6s on the road they don't class them as classics at my broker,

anyone found a broker who does?

TheBoy:
Doubt you will.

And if you used one of those stupid gay lookup sites like howmanyleft, be aware, they talk complete, utter nonsense.

BazaJT:
I think most insurers only do classic policies on cars that are at least 25yrs old although some makes[Jaguar for example]can be got on a classic policy at anything over 5yrs old :o A couple of things to note is that classic policies don't accrue a no claim discount so after 2yrs you lose any ncd you've got on that vehicle unless at the end of year 2 you insure it on an "ordinary" policy for a year and are usually quite mileage limited.Some brokers/insurance companies do an sort of intermediate type of policy called a cherished car policy.

Toaster:
think we're all good,

just spoke to the current insurer of the family kuga £320 fully comp for the year added on a multi car policy

happy enough with that I think.

was getting silly quotes elsewhere though.

tunnie:

--- Quote from: Toaster on 05 September 2018, 20:46:43 ---think we're all good,

just spoke to the current insurer of the family kuga £320 fully comp for the year added on a multi car policy

happy enough with that I think.

was getting silly quotes elsewhere though.

--- End quote ---

Not exactly classic quote though at that price, I'd want half that if it's hardly used.

I've just renewed my 3.2 and paid less than £320, that's 10k miles, commuting into London.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version