Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Which windscreen ?

(1/9) > >>

Alnico Blue:
How do I get, or should I say Autoglass get,  the correct screen for a 2001 Y reg 2.6 CDX

Autoglass are asking me questions about the new screen I need .

Does it have a rain sensor ?  . . .No too early for that

Does it have a "blue" strip at the top ?     Yes blue . ish   ( sort of sunstrip I would call it )

Had a call from a young lady this afternoon , saying they are stuggling to find the correct windscreen

It seems VIN  No.  or screen "bug"  details will not help them either   :o :o :o

Anyone know what info i  have to give them to point them to the right one ?

Not even sure they know what they are doing actually.   >:( >:( >:(

my screen "bug"  says this :                    FJ(logo)
                                                             Laminated
                                                           M858     AS1
                                                   E1    DOT - 459
                                                              43R - 001563
                                                                 3  . . . . .

What they gonna be like fitting it  . . .if they don't even know which screen they need  . . .scary  :'( :'( :'(

MonzaGSE:
Maybe you should check with another company? Just changed the windscreen on my 95 mv6 here in norway last week. He asked rainsensor and coulour questions over the phone but i was not shure of which options where on different omegas. So he said no problem, i will just check the system for which screen the car was delivered with when it was new. When i picked up the car it had the exact same screen. Only difference was it didnt have a big crack in it anymore:p

Edit: only info i gave the company that did my windscreen was the cars license plate number.

Alnico Blue:

--- Quote from: MonzaGSE on 05 September 2018, 20:04:13 ---Maybe you should check with another company? Just changed the windscreen on my 95 mv6 here in norway last week. He asked rainsensor and coulour questions over the phone but i was not shure of which options where on different omegas. So he said no problem, i will just check the system for which screen the car was delivered with when it was new. When i picked up the car it had the exact same screen. Only difference was it didnt have a big crack in it anymore:p

Edit: only info i gave the company that did my windscreen was the cars license plate number.

--- End quote ---

Exactly what I thought they would be doing .     They have VIN n0.   but said screen "bug" details are no help .

All a bit strange if you ask me .   screen is being done by insurance company nominated contractor. Autoglass.

Nick W:
When I had mine done last year, everybody I spoke to at Autoglass went through the same spiel of what screen it needed. It seems that none of them pass the information on to the person that needs it: the poor sod whose actually going to order it. Their admin was shit.

The fitter(once the appointment was finally made) was excellent, but it was seriously hard work getting him to the car!

amba:
Had a very similar situation here.

First screen they arrived with had No rain sensor despite me advising them existing had.They then tried to get out of replacing "like for like" as mine has the more expensive heat reflective treatment and they told me as it was a German factor order they would just fit the std no heat reflective screen.

I promptly reminded them I was the customer..the insurance were footing the bill(less my excess) so to get the screen correct for my car. >:(

7 days later 2 guys arrived with the screen and promptly moaned form start to finish how difficult it was to fit and how heavy the screen was....tough!!!.When I told the guy who seemed to be the "senior fitter " he promptly appeared with a rubber mallet and started bashing them into the trim.I did say they wouldnt stay in place but he said that is how they always do them :o and carried on.

The following day we were off on holiday and half way along the M4 the entire sscreen trim let go and disappeared into the distance never to be seen again ,so as the screen was water tight waitied till we returned 12 days later and contacted Auto Shite again.

This time the nicest guy you could possible met arrived the following day.Promptly advised he had fitted lots of Omega screens over the years and had to refit almost the same number after fitters who didnt know what they were doing had tried.Entire screen was removed again and fitted correctly with the trims and fittings in place and for the past 2 years have had no further issues.

Its all down to the guy fitting it tbh...all omega screens are the same with the exception of having/not having rain sensitive section.All have a shade band of varying colours and the heat reflective screen was a very expensive factory option.

Bets of luck and insist on getting a fitter who knows how to fit them properly and ensure he brings the full fitting kit including all trims and you should be fine :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version