Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

rear judder

(1/3) > >>

0795omega:
not long bought a pre facelift witch was originally a 2.5 cdx manual and previous owner  has since fitted a 3.2 and lowered it also, looks nice and mean! drives well except ive noticed when all warmed up more noticeable a judder from off-side rear when taking up drive and turning right say at a junction scenario and also when in reverse can do it at times,i was thinking a tired drivers side rear drive shaft? as it may have been doing some sideways action in its past life! he also stated in his advert he thinks it has a l.s.d. fitted by an owner before him but not sure! what do other members think please.

Doctor Gollum:
Run away. Quickly.

At the very least, you want a new diff, but you can guarantee that the rest of the mechanicals are just as knackered.

I hope you didn't pay more than single figures.

0795omega:
no noise from diff at all totally silent! and the engine was brand new from vauxhall 10 years ago receipt to prove no smoke bangs rattles etc.

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
I would suspect LSD needing a rebuild. Don't see how you can diagnose a silent diff, but a possible driveshaft issue.  ???

0795omega:
all i was saying in relation to silent diff as in when driving with radio off,no noise from drivetrain at all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version