Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ebay global shipping farce  (Read 924 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
ebay global shipping farce
« on: 12 January 2015, 20:07:22 »

I sold a grille a while ago and the postage address was somewhere in Derby so off it went as normal, few weeks later I get an email from a pissed off Swedish guy wondering where his grille is.....I hadn't heard of the "global shipping programme" which all users were automatically opted into which allows buyers anywhere to buy from sellers that don't ship beyond the UK .

Cue the amount of shite you can expect when dealing with the tossers that run ebay. Guy was very patient and we ended up having a good laugh over it and today he eventually received a replacement grille from me at no cost to him but I thought it best to make people aware of the possible pitfall  >:(   
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: ebay global shipping farce
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2015, 20:22:10 »

I actually think the idea is sound.

As I understand it people that don't want the perceived agro of shipping something abroad so only put "UK only", have the extra cost of shipping abroad paid by Ebay. I don't know how Ebay do it but same as Amazon who seem to be able to post books for next to nothing ( a mate posted me one and it cost £5.50). Maybe buying power.

Anyway the end result is a much bigger market and thus more likelyhood of achieving a higher price(or selling more at a fixed price). I buy a lot of stuff in Spain off Ebay.uk.

In your case "received a replacement grille from me at no cost to him" , so did you post off a second grille to him? I would have thought Ebay would have paid you the money and refunded the Swedish guy his for non delivery??

If there is a problem with the scheme it is the total cost paid for delivery is so small that the end delivery firm (e.g. in rural Spain) has an impossible task- deliver within timescales to some out of the way place for peanuts. Maybe that is what happened with the Swedish guy.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2015, 20:53:40 »

I actually think the idea is sound.

As I understand it people that don't want the perceived agro of shipping something abroad so only put "UK only", have the extra cost of shipping abroad paid by Ebay. I don't know how Ebay do it but same as Amazon who seem to be able to post books for next to nothing ( a mate posted me one and it cost £5.50). Maybe buying power.

Anyway the end result is a much bigger market and thus more likelyhood of achieving a higher price(or selling more at a fixed price). I buy a lot of stuff in Spain off Ebay.uk.

In your case "received a replacement grille from me at no cost to him" , so did you post off a second grille to him? I would have thought Ebay would have paid you the money and refunded the Swedish guy his for non delivery??

If there is a problem with the scheme it is the total cost paid for delivery is so small that the end delivery firm (e.g. in rural Spain) has an impossible task- deliver within timescales to some out of the way place for peanuts. Maybe that is what happened with the Swedish guy.

Still ongoing, round in circles, had a few grilles in the garage so thought what the hell just get him sorted. He's ditching the opel look and going Vaux
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2015, 14:09:20 »

I have sold three items via the global shipping program with no trouble. As I read the way it runs, you just advertise it on ebay uk with uk postage. Ebay advertise your items worldwide and the advert wherever has the poatage cost to them from the uk and any import tax they may have to pay. If they go ahead and buy, once ebay receive the complete amount, you then get the email to post to derbyshire and they then forward it on. Saves you time and trouble of costing obverseas shipping

Keith b
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.