Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hedgehog!  (Read 5631 times)

STEMO

Re: Hedgehog!
« Reply #15 on: 24 January 2018, 17:42:46 »

It can help clear out the Farmer Giles though
Tell me how you know that.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 January 2018, 18:10:53 »

If you lie in the passenger footwell, with your head where the passengers feet should be, then look up and left, with a torch between your teeth, you should see the bottom of it, and the aforementioned clips which are prone to snapping.
Last time I enquired (about 5 years ago) VX wanted just over £200 for one, which is why I keep a spare.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 January 2018, 18:25:54 »

Replaced mine a year or so ago as same symptons ...fan running sometimes then intermittent,

Not too bad a job if you are double jointed and like laying on your back with your legs in the air with your head stuffed in the glove box recess.

Got mine of the bay about £35...go carefull with the clips as advised

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 24 January 2018, 18:56:52 »

Replaced mine a year or so ago as same symptons ...fan running sometimes then intermittent,

Not too bad a job if you are double jointed and like laying on your back with your legs in the air with your head stuffed in the glove box recess.

Got mine of the bay about £35...go carefull with the clips as advised
Don’t let me catch you like that.  ;D

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 January 2018, 19:08:33 »

Loads on at the mo .around £19.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2018, 19:17:13 »

If you lie in the passenger footwell, with your head where the passengers feet should be, then look up and left, with a torch between your teeth, you should see the bottom of it, and the aforementioned clips which are prone to snapping.
Last time I enquired (about 5 years ago) VX wanted just over £200 for one, which is why I keep a spare.
Why would you want to lay on your back in a car and lie through ya teeth?  :D

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2018, 21:05:23 »

Number 869 of the Kamasutra according to the Manual  ;D

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2018, 04:24:43 »

On a more serious note, buy yourself a good pair of safety specs. With this job it's too easy to have something drop in your eyes.
I found the hedgehog fitted to a 2003 a bit easier to reach than in a 1996. The revised air duct and cable tray allow better access.
You need to remove the lower securing screws for the airbag and pull the bottom edge forward a bit. That will allow access to the, otherwise hidden, top mounting screws of the glovebox. Since you're disturbing the airbag you're well advised to have left the battery disconnected for a while before you start.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2018, 07:34:38 »

On a more serious note, buy yourself a good pair of safety specs. With this job it's too easy to have something drop in your eyes.
I found the hedgehog fitted to a 2003 a bit easier to reach than in a 1996. The revised air duct and cable tray allow better access.
You need to remove the lower securing screws for the airbag and pull the bottom edge forward a bit. That will allow access to the, otherwise hidden, top mounting screws of the glovebox. Since you're disturbing the airbag you're well advised to have left the battery disconnected for a while before you start.
Scaremongering 'dangle berries'...

The three allen bolts merely hold the bottom of the airbag cover in place ::) The airbag itself has at least four independent bolts holding it to the dash frame/bulkhead. Just be sure to fully tighten them on refitting, otherwise the airbag may not deploy correctly ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 25 January 2018, 19:53:38 »

The three allen bolts merely hold the bottom of the airbag cover in place ::) The airbag itself has at least four independent bolts holding it to the dash frame/bulkhead. Just be sure to fully tighten them on refitting, otherwise the airbag may not deploy correctly ;)
I wonder how many airbags actually would deploy in cars older than 10 years. No reason why they shouldn’t, of course, just wondering, that’s all.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 January 2018, 03:05:39 »

OK. I could have been a bit clearer. I meant the screws securing the bottom of the airbag cover. And yes, strictly speaking the airbag itself does not need to be disturbed unless maybe you want to get the blower out.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 January 2018, 09:46:39 »

Hi guys! I started the car this morning and the heater fan is working again. So it looks like the hedgehog is the problem rather than the fan motor. Cheers guys.  :y :y
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 January 2018, 09:56:01 »

Is/was there any water in the passenger footwell? That would indicate a blocked scuttle drain which apparently wrecks the hedgehog. Maybe yours has now dried out.

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 January 2018, 08:48:19 »

I have one in the saloon elite I'm breaking if your interested. :y

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 January 2018, 13:06:39 »

Is there an off the vehicle method to test if a hedgehog is working?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.