Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Snow?  (Read 21464 times)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Re: Snow?
« Reply #45 on: 28 February 2018, 10:14:40 »

Attempted to get into work. had some daft bint in a Kia in front insisted in driving in the middle of the road making all oncoming traffic have to pull over or stop.
got as far as Heckford Bridge, for thse who know this bit of Essex, and white van man was stuck on the hill. Insignia driver attempted to go round him and got stuck alongside. 30 minutes for them to sort themselves out and a artic came the other way, graduale slope up but he had to stop for a car suddenly turning round. Blocked that way as well then.
After another 30 minutes, the traffic behind me got out the way so I U turned and went home.Got to Tiptrees mini roundabout to have another daft bint just not attempt to stop and came right out in front of me. Then she starts shouting at me for being there. Dont know what she would have told her insurance if we had made contact. I saw him coming with the right of way but went anyway.

Keith ABS

aaronjb

« Reply #46 on: 28 February 2018, 10:16:30 »

Dont know what she would have told her insurance if we had made contact. I saw him coming with the right of way but went anyway.

"The man wasn't looking and drove straight into me," probably. I doubt "right of way" means anything to her..

STEMO

« Reply #47 on: 28 February 2018, 11:05:36 »

Well I had a great time out with the dog, she loved it. After about half an hour we had to head back, her legs were twice the usual size and solid blocks of snow, and she had one of them arctic explorer beards.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #48 on: 28 February 2018, 11:41:25 »

Wifey has just arrived back home, closed the school and sent everyone home. Wussies.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #49 on: 28 February 2018, 11:49:24 »

Loads here today took the Grandkids out on their sledge , went out into the middle of nowhere in the 4x4 nobody else about had enough of helping folk yesterday in vehicles that aren't capable of coping with the conditions.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 February 2018, 12:51:44 »

Left home at 7am yesterday morning to a couple of inches, possibly 3, but not too bad. Got to the A12 and it was a bit slippery but nothing too severe. By the time I got to Hoddesdon at about 09:20 it was as if there hadn’t been any snow :-X ::)

By midday the 3 of us who were there for some practice and training (lock picking) were pulled off to go to a large transport company in Manor Park to drain as many vehicles as possible. There were 26 varying from Vito Vans up to 73 seat coaches - incorrect fuel delivered into their bulk tank. One guy left at about 19:30 to drive back to Stoke, having left at 5am. Myself and another stayed until 02:30 this morning and drained the 23 vehicles that were on site!

The drive home was a bit more eventful... Started snowing as we left to go our separate ways. Then eased as I headed up the M11 and across the A120, until Braintree. As soon as I got To Braintree it was like a wall of snow - complete whiteout and blizzard conditions! Followed an artic along an approximation of where the road went at the dizzying speeds of 20-30mph as the dumping of snow grew and grew and grew. Got to the A12 and there was no sign of where the road or lanes were so continued at the dizzying pace. Had to pass the artic as he was struggling for grip (but the snowfall had eased slightly) but suddenly hit an even stronger downpour! Completely lost sight of everything - couldn’t even see the barrier a few feet away! I suddenly became aware that what I was actually driving on (at about 10mph) was in fact a grass junction devider when the terrain got a bit bumpy 🙄

Continued on home and had to dodge numerous vehicles stuck due to lack of traction and divert off the main routes down some lanes to avoid an hour delay to arrive home at 05:15 this morning! What a mammoth day andrather cold to boot, having been out in it for 12 hours solid!!

Anyway... The evidence today is almost gone but now off until Saturday so enjoying some respite from “The Beast from the East”!!

Whatever it is... I didn't do it

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 February 2018, 13:01:55 »

Its arrived down here now and quite a lot of it :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 February 2018, 14:33:43 »

Set out at 5am this morning heading for North London  . . . 6" of snow here  . . .took me an hour to do 9 miles  . . . motors slip sliding all over the place . .turned round and back home now .

Getting a bit worried about my flight to sunny Benidorm  from Southend Airport on friday morning  :-\
You should be OK Al, dont think they have much snow in Benidorm.  ;) :D

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28 February 2018, 15:15:56 »

Set out at 5am this morning heading for North London  . . . 6" of snow here  . . .took me an hour to do 9 miles  . . . motors slip sliding all over the place . .turned round and back home now .

Getting a bit worried about my flight to sunny Benidorm  from Southend Airport on friday morning  :-\
F1 testing cancelled in Barcelona due to snow on the track !

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28 February 2018, 16:31:49 »

F1 testing cancelled in Barcelona due to snow on the track !

Nope, still officially on .. just no-one going around the track !!- (@ 16:28 UK time anyway !!)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28 February 2018, 17:03:20 »

400 stranded on A1M between Peterborough and Stamford last night according to the Beeb.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28 February 2018, 17:12:13 »

This morning saw a fairly new Mercedes saloon[possible E-class]waiting to pull out of a side road onto the main road he was on a very slight uphill incline and although not using too many revs you could see his rear wheels just "windmilling" round with him going nowhere due to lack of grip.He couldn't drop back for a run at it or to turn round as there were another 3 cars queueing up behind him :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28 February 2018, 17:46:36 »

This morning saw a fairly new Mercedes saloon[possible E-class]waiting to pull out of a side road onto the main road he was on a very slight uphill incline and although not using too many revs you could see his rear wheels just "windmilling" round with him going nowhere due to lack of grip.He couldn't drop back for a run at it or to turn round as there were another 3 cars queueing up behind him :-[
Strange you should say that, as I walked past one of the schools, and E class estate was getting nowhere...   ...and there was no snow (but a fair bit of ice).  I assume his TC was disabled (due to not getting anywhere) or was broken.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 28 February 2018, 17:57:42 »

Was having a bit of a struggle getting the Omega uphill off my drive this morning. Switched the TC off, and reversed straight out.
TC is officially shite.  ::)

Sounds like Lazydocker had one hell of a day, but a hell of a good earner too I should imagine.  :y
Was going to say "should have called in for a cuppa half way, but then looked at the times mentioned. Might have struggled to wake me.  ;D
« Last Edit: 28 February 2018, 18:07:13 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 28 February 2018, 18:18:26 »

Was having a bit of a struggle getting the Omega uphill off my drive this morning. Switched the TC off, and reversed straight out.
TC is officially shite.  ::)

Sounds like Lazydocker had one hell of a day, but a hell of a good earner too I should imagine.  :y
Was going to say "should have called in for a cuppa half way, but then looked at the times mentioned. Might have struggled to wake me.  ;D

The way the snow was coming down I’m not sure I could of found your place anyway!! 😂

It was a very long day and having only had 2 x 1 hour sleeps I’m a bit tired tonight and on my own with the kids but it’ll prove to be pretty lucrative 😉👍
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.