Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance time again  (Read 6191 times)

STEMO

Insurance time again
« on: 08 March 2018, 21:31:31 »

Last year we insured with LV. I had my 1.4 astra and she had her Renault captur then. We have both changed our cars, so I guess a small increase would be in order. Last year mine was ~£250 and hers ~£350....£600ish.
I thought I would preempt the renewal notices by getting a multi car quote from the same company. £961  :o
I don't like using the meerkats cause the cheapo deals you get are usually with companies I've never heard of, but I might just give it a go this year.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance time again
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2018, 01:05:09 »

Do it! You know it makes sense!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2018, 08:37:07 »

I'm using the links from Martin Lewis' 'Money saving expert' site at the moment to get individual quotes for three vehicles which have previously been on an Aviva Multi car policy. It's time consuming, and I haven't finished the full suggested procedure yet, but the latest figures suggest a saving overall of C£320. It will be interesting to see if Aviva can get anywhere near this when I try to haggle with them.
If you can spare the time, it's well worth the effort.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2018, 11:09:07 »

Last year we insured with LV. I had my 1.4 astra and she had her Renault captur then. We have both changed our cars, so I guess a small increase would be in order. Last year mine was ~£250 and hers ~£350....£600ish.
I thought I would preempt the renewal notices by getting a multi car quote from the same company. £961  :o
I don't like using the meerkats cause the cheapo deals you get are usually with companies I've never heard of, but I might just give it a go this year.

Will almost certainly cost more than insuring the cars individually........about £260 when more I checked it out.

Less work for 'lazy bastards' though. ::)....and with you being a scouser..... ::)
« Last Edit: 09 March 2018, 11:12:37 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2018, 11:56:00 »

Got it down to a paltry £850 with aviva.  :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2018, 12:02:35 »

That sounds a lot. I pay £306 for the Jag and £169 for the all conquering Signum.

You'll get a lower figure with a little more 'ferreting'

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 09 March 2018, 12:27:55 »

That sounds a lot. I pay £306 for the Jag and £169 for the all conquering Signum.

Ours are kept on a street in Barnsley, that will make quite a difference to where you keep yours. How many miles a year do you put down for the jag? I put 15000 for my astra and that's being conservative.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2018, 12:31:26 »

Also, Mo's car is insured for personal business use, in case she has to ferry a couple of kids back and forth.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2018, 12:31:53 »

Ours are kept on a street in Barnsley, that will make quite a difference to where you keep yours. How many miles a year do you put down for the jag? I put 15000 for my astra and that's being conservative.

You may have a point. The Jag is used as a 'toy' and insured for only 5000 miles. Not sure how they would know if I did more miles though.

I didn't have to give them a mileage figure.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 March 2018, 12:32:49 »

I guess they'd go through your MOTs if they thought they could use it as a way to wangle their way out of paying up following a claim.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 March 2018, 12:38:23 »

Also, Mo's car is insured for personal business use, in case she has to ferry a couple of kids back and forth.

There was a chap on the Jaguar forum who 'very responsibly' changed to winter tyres in November. Another forum member suggested he should contact his insurance company for a 'possible' reduction in his premium.

The result.

No reduction and a charge of an additional £30 because the change to winter tyres was seen as a modification.  ;D

I tend to keep my gob shut when it comes to insurance companies. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 March 2018, 12:43:42 »

I guess they'd go through your MOTs if they thought they could use it as a way to wangle their way out of paying up following a claim.

.....possibly. But if an accident took place soon after the new MOT the mileage could be well below 5000.

When I had my Signum remapped I was supposed to declare it. .......but my memory is very poor these days. :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 March 2018, 12:45:29 »

Asked that question when i renewed in January. Guy at brokers said that they didn,t. :o Also if it,s under three years old they cant, Can they? :)

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 09 March 2018, 12:48:41 »

Just been on the meerkat site and tried my car only. The quote I got from aviva was around £480. I disregarded the first couple of around £360 because they sounded like Mickey Mouse outfits, with the extras I wanted costing more. The average quotes from the usual suspects were all around the same as aviva. One company, called achoice, wanted £1011  ;D
I'm gonna bite the bullet, I think. Cest la vie.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 March 2018, 12:48:54 »

Asked that question when i renewed in January. Guy at brokers said that they didn,t. :o Also if it,s under three years old they cant, Can they? :)

Good point.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.