Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Jag for the next 24 hours.  (Read 3500 times)

STEMO

Re: New Jag for the next 24 hours.
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2018, 18:47:16 »

So.....for my £225 I receive 7.25 litres of 0/20w oil and presumably a genuine Jaguar oil filter. I also get the use of their dumper truck XE which  is full of derv (at the present time) ::) ::)

They'll also give me a crappy 5 minute video of the underside of the car and as much 'proper coffee' as I can drink.

I presume when STMO paid £120 for his 'pollen filter' they also did an oil and filter change.
No....that's the 'B' service, every two years or 18,000 miles.

So literally £120 for a pollen filter then. :-\  That sounds like taking the piss.
Yep. But if they don't do the diagnostic check , you lose the 4 year warranty. Nice  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2018, 18:48:36 »

What are they doing in the service? Sometimes a “service” is just an oil change.

Jaguar have an A and B service. In line with most manufacturer's the A service consists of an oil and filter change and a general poke about.

Without the 3+ service the cost would be in the £400-£500 bracket.......which of course is ridiculous.

The 3+ deal though, I think can only be applied from approved used Jags, not any old second hand  ones?

As far as I'm aware it is available for ANY Jaguar 3 years and older. Like  Vauxhall trade card though not all dealers are part of the scheme.

Ascot Jaguar don't participate for example.......probably because they don't need to.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2018, 18:50:33 »

So.....for my £225 I receive 7.25 litres of 0/20w oil and presumably a genuine Jaguar oil filter. I also get the use of their dumper truck XE which  is full of derv (at the present time) ::) ::)

They'll also give me a crappy 5 minute video of the underside of the car and as much 'proper coffee' as I can drink.

I presume when STMO paid £120 for his 'pollen filter' they also did an oil and filter change.

So literally £120 for a pollen filter then. :-\  That sounds like taking the piss.
Yep. But if they don't do the diagnostic check , you lose the 4 year warranty. Nice ;D

.......grab hold of scrotum and twist. :'(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 March 2018, 18:54:43 »

It's finished in a colour similar to battleship grey. :-\

Some people have no imagination.
My green astra was imaginative.  :y

Ah yes.....presented in 'bad acid trip green' if I recall. :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 March 2018, 19:45:27 »

What are they doing in the service? Sometimes a “service” is just an oil change.

Jaguar have an A and B service. In line with most manufacturer's the A service consists of an oil and filter change and a general poke about.

Without the 3+ service the cost would be in the £400-£500 bracket.......which of course is ridiculous.

The 3+ deal though, I think can only be applied from approved used Jags, not any old second hand  ones?

As far as I'm aware it is available for ANY Jaguar 3 years and older. Like  Vauxhall trade card though not all dealers are part of the scheme.

Ascot Jaguar don't participate for example.......probably because they don't need to.

Ascot is my closest Jag dealer  :(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 March 2018, 19:53:20 »

Although I like the look of some of the Jags, and did consider one last year, I was not keen on the seat space or leg room. Also my experience with the Swindon Jag dealer on an XJ6 some years ago was appalling, so did not encourage me. :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2018, 19:56:51 »

This means you are extremely wealthy and therefore have no need of less expensive servicing. :) ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2018, 20:49:51 »

Can you tell my bank those facts?  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 March 2018, 21:33:23 »

Yep. But if they don't do the diagnostic check , you lose the 4 year warranty. Nice  ;D
Sounds quite reasonable to me given that, on a French shitbox, the pollen filter will probably be an engine out job. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 March 2018, 21:36:53 »

Guy Salmon in Guildford is sooo far away...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 March 2018, 21:41:26 »

Guy Salmon in Guildford is sooo far away...
Hmm. A mate of mine is the beancounter there. Must bear that in mind.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 08 March 2018, 09:20:37 »

They were quite happy to let me take an XF out, when I went there, and then talk to me about LRs and, really, anything I wanted.. surprisingly very friendly.

That said, the XF (old shape estate) handled like a barge, tramlined all over the place, tried to eat the kerb repeatedly as it wandered.. if they all drive like that, I'd rather drive a Soviet era Skoda.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 March 2018, 09:43:08 »

They were quite happy to let me take an XF out, when I went there, and then talk to me about LRs and, really, anything I wanted.. surprisingly very friendly.

That said, the XF (old shape estate) handled like a barge, tramlined all over the place, tried to eat the kerb repeatedly as it wandered.. if they all drive like that, I'd rather drive a Soviet era Skoda.

Surprising to hear that, as mentioned before XF-S is my ideal replacement. (Saloon)

Not sure turning up in a 16 year old Vauxhall worth about as much as mars bar and a packet of cheese & onion would blag me test drive on their used examples.  ;D
« Last Edit: 08 March 2018, 09:45:33 by tunnie »

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 08 March 2018, 09:51:01 »

It's fine - you can't park outside their showroom anyway (on street parking only and it's always pretty full), and that's exactly what I turned up in :) (Dressed in jeans & t-shirt, test drove their demonstrator XF, sat in a RR Sport etc, talked about finance..)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 March 2018, 10:17:31 »

I'm starting to drool.The Czechoslovakian 911. ;) :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.