Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement Estate  (Read 17279 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement Estate
« Reply #120 on: 24 March 2017, 21:12:17 »

Ford dropped the Italian car styling firm "Ghia" in 2010. As we all now know Titanium is their top of range now. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 24 March 2017, 21:25:36 »

But I don't see diesels falling of a cliff in value, second hand they are still desirable.
Look again, its already started.

A year ago, sub £12k XF Portfolio S were being snapped up quickly.  Now I'm seeing the same cars for weeks on end...

New XF out...

Besides @ £12k that's first generation prices, not even facelift. So with all new one out for some time, to be expected
Yet the petrols are holding their value.

Similar when you look at XJ as well.  The demand for diesels is dropping now the first real warning shots have been fired.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 24 March 2017, 22:23:49 »

All the sales staff in all the garages are admitting that all buyers are coming in for petrol cars, the Ford salesman was told by Ford on a recent course that they will not be making diesels in 10 years. I suspect it will be less than that. :y

I'm sure that this is music to Lord Opti's ears!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 24 March 2017, 22:26:53 »

All the sales staff in all the garages are admitting that all buyers are coming in for petrol cars, the Ford salesman was told by Ford on a recent course that they will not be making diesels in 10 years. I suspect it will be less than that. :y

In other news TheBoy has renewed his membership of FordMembersClub.com  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 24 March 2017, 22:31:09 »

I quite like Fifi's and Mundanos. Its just Focii I don't like.

Actually, I don't like Mundanos with the 1l turbo ;D
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 24 March 2017, 22:50:32 »

I think a 1.0 Turbo in the Mondeo, would commit suicide when it saw you getting into the drivers seat.  ;D

But somehow every Transit delivery van, every Transit minibus, Iveco Trucks and all Ford cars without a diesel?  Hummm, yeah right.  ;D

Not sure a 1.0 EcoBoost Full sized 16 seater Transit would do that well  ;D

Just wait until these ecoshito units have Turbo's fail, then batteries on all Hybrids fail because they will. There will be press stories about how it's bad for the environment to dispose of Hybrid battery systems  ::)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 25 March 2017, 13:49:20 »

Diesel has its place, Opti, and I don't mean in a bus. The economy savings are not to be sniffed at on a daily commute, where there is no need for speed or power. Wifey is getting over 50mpg from her captur 1.5d but was only getting 35 from her 1.6 petrol.
[/highlight]

I agree with what you say but Mr Shackeng's final paragraph about people moving toward petrol cars is growing, and will have a far bigger impact on running costs.

As derv becomes more undesirable used car prices will fall.

Hand on heart would you buy a brand new diesel powered car? Some people still will but the numbers are shrinking.
Why wouldn't anyone buy a diesel? Nothing drastic has changed, apart from them talking about banning them in big cities. They are still more economical, and that's why people buy them. I hope the arse does fall out of the second hand market, I'll have one.

Well, that's you and Tunnie so far. ;) :D

And me :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 25 March 2017, 13:54:25 »

I think a 1.0 Turbo in the Mondeo, would commit suicide when it saw you getting into the drivers seat.  ;D

But somehow every Transit delivery van, every Transit minibus, Iveco Trucks and all Ford cars without a diesel?  Hummm, yeah right.  ;D

Just wait until these ecoshito units have Turbo's fail, then batteries on all Hybrids fail because they will. There will be press stories about how it's bad for the environment to dispose of Hybrid battery systems  ::)
[/quote

Tunnie has a point.

I actually put a deposit on an Infiniti M35H hybrid. I changed my mind when it became apparent that a new battery pack was around £20000, and as much as the car.

The salesman brushed it off with "I've never known one to fail".......Oh yeah.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 25 March 2017, 16:46:19 »

Remember, its within your lifetime that smoking in pubs was banned, something completely unthinkable 20yrs ago.  Now the movement of making diesels socially unacceptable has started properly, you'll be surprised how quickly things can change.  People can see this, hence the prices of second hand diesels dropping.  Shackeng has been told by Ford salesmen that they expect to stop selling diesels in the not too distant future.

Maybe BP will regret their (denied) decision to rip out all LPG pumps, as LPG could be a viable answer, with proper factory spec dual fuel cars taking over from the soot chuckers.  Certainly cleaner, and viable as a diesel replacement.

Remember, a 15yr old Tranny minibus will likely have the 2.5 diesel, producing 74bhp.  The 1l ecoboost can be had in 120bhp form (and 140bhp in some of the chavved cars), and they reckon with another turbo can be 170bhp plus.  Look at the (pre) launch guff for the ecoboost from 5 or more years back, and Ford state this engine design - direct injection, forced induction - was likely to result in less development into their diesels.  The manufacturers knew unachievable (unless you're VW ::)) diesel emissions were coming, so all started looking at this kind of petrol design, with actual cars being available to the public around 4yrs ago.

Personally not a great fan of petrol turbos (or diesel turbos for that matter, but it is a necessary evil on a soot chucker), but that's the future for those of us where tizzy isn't viable.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 25 March 2017, 16:49:43 »

Oh, and Ford have access to larger variants, like the 200bhp 1.5, and there is a rumour of a 500+bhp 3l in the next year or so.
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 25 March 2017, 19:07:08 »

Remember, its within your lifetime that smoking in pubs was banned, something completely unthinkable 20yrs ago.  Now the movement of making diesels socially unacceptable has started properly, you'll be surprised how quickly things can change.  People can see this, hence the prices of second hand diesels dropping.  Shackeng has been told by Ford salesmen that they expect to stop selling diesels in the not too distant future.

Maybe BP will regret their (denied) decision to rip out all LPG pumps, as LPG could be a viable answer, with proper factory spec dual fuel cars taking over from the soot chuckers.  Certainly cleaner, and viable as a diesel replacement.

Remember, a 15yr old Tranny minibus will likely have the 2.5 diesel, producing 74bhp.  The 1l ecoboost can be had in 120bhp form (and 140bhp in some of the chavved cars), and they reckon with another turbo can be 170bhp plus.  Look at the (pre) launch guff for the ecoboost from 5 or more years back, and Ford state this engine design - direct injection, forced induction - was likely to result in less development into their diesels.  The manufacturers knew unachievable (unless you're VW ::)) diesel emissions were coming, so all started looking at this kind of petrol design, with actual cars being available to the public around 4yrs ago.

Personally not a great fan of petrol turbos (or diesel turbos for that matter, but it is a necessary evil on a soot chucker), but that's the future for those of us where tizzy isn't viable.

The reason I have gone for the largest engine available, is that hopefully it will be less stressed. Not bothered about economy due low mileage, well I run two Omegas ::), need I say more, one or both of which will no doubt appear in the For Sale section soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.