Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement Estate  (Read 17375 times)

aaronjb

Re: Replacement Estate
« Reply #75 on: 24 March 2017, 09:07:42 »

I see millions of them on my commute up and down the M1, and none of them are ever broken down at the side of the road so that's probably a good start!

And, honestly, they're not a bad looking car in estate form - I'd have considered one but I sat in the Superb first and never made it to the Ford garage! ;D :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 24 March 2017, 09:15:52 »

Well after some weeks of researching, trying seats in the few petrol newish estate cars available, I am back to the Ford Mondeo as the only car with the boot space that fits the bill for me, and I realise this will cause gnashing of teeth among the Ford haters and badge snobs.
I'm going for the 2.0L ecoBoost estate, Titanium X with £3000 worth of extras in shadow black.

Off you go lads, rant away. ;D :y

Sounds like it's latest shape? I think the new shape Mondeo Estates are great looking cars, especially in TitanmX spec  8)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 24 March 2017, 09:32:10 »

It's your money, and your car but I guarantee two things...

1. It isn't an Omega. Subjectively speaking.
2. The E Class boot is significantly larger, costs less to service and is better built.

Hope it serves you well ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 24 March 2017, 11:13:58 »

Well after some weeks of researching, trying seats in the few petrol newish estate cars available, I am back to the Ford Mondeo as the only car with the boot space that fits the bill for me, and I realise this will cause gnashing of teeth among the Ford haters and badge snobs.
I'm going for the 2.0L ecoBoost estate, Titanium X with £3000 worth of extras in shadow black.

Can't be many badge snobs here, Mr  Shackeng. We drive a Vauxhall. ;)

One of our number even owned a low-rent Daewoo. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 24 March 2017, 11:15:24 »

Sounds like it's latest shape? I think the new shape Mondeo Estates are great looking cars, especially in TitanmX spec 8)

Is this the modern day replacement for 'Ghia'?

STEMO

« Reply #80 on: 24 March 2017, 12:43:28 »

I like your choice a lot, Chris. When I've run my astra to destruction, that's exactly what I'll be be looking at.
Having said that, it's pretty hard to destroy an almost rust proof small engined car that seldom gets above 2500 revs. An acquaintance of mine has a 2010 1.6 astra saloon that he has owned from new. He's really looked after it and it's coming up to 140,000 miles and looks almost new.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 24 March 2017, 12:57:43 »

Sounds like it's latest shape? I think the new shape Mondeo Estates are great looking cars, especially in TitanmX spec 8)

Ghia I think is dropped, used to be around fairly recently but even then it was not much above standard Spec. Titanium X is now top spec.

Where it was Ghia/Ghia X back in the Granada days.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 24 March 2017, 13:01:04 »

I like your choice a lot, Chris. When I've run my astra to destruction, that's exactly what I'll be be looking at.
Having said that, it's pretty hard to destroy an almost rust proof small engined car that seldom gets above 2500 revs. An acquaintance of mine has a 2010 1.6 astra saloon that he has owned from new. He's really looked after it and it's coming up to 140,000 miles and looks almost new.

Random example, fine looking Estate cars  :y :y

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703093104471?postcode=tw89de&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&model=MONDEO&body-type=Estate&make=FORD&sort=price-desc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&page=3

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 24 March 2017, 13:04:43 »

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703093104471?postcode=tw89de&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&model=MONDEO&body-type=Estate&make=FORD&sort=price-desc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&page=3

I would find it hard to justify spending almost £26000 on a used Mondeo.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 24 March 2017, 13:06:27 »

Sorry......by hard to justify I mean impossible to justify.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 24 March 2017, 13:07:38 »

Ford's these days aint cheap, I've been looking at S-Max's even £10k only gets me 2010 Plate examples with ~60k on the clock

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 24 March 2017, 13:08:11 »

Ghia I think is dropped, used to be around fairly recently but even then it was not much above standard Spec. Titanium X Sport is now top spec.

Where it was Ghia/Ghia X back in the Granada days.

Fixed that for ya!

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 24 March 2017, 13:13:55 »

Sorry......by hard to justify I mean impossible to justify.

Seems to me that name of the game is to load cars with as many electronic toys as possible to justify higher prices, with the material cost of the toys actually being quite low.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 24 March 2017, 13:14:16 »

Ford's these days aint cheap, I've been looking at S-Max's even £10k only gets me 2010 Plate examples with ~60k on the clock

To my way of thinking the Mondeo is a workhorse like a Vectra/Signum. Pick one up for a few hundred quid or sub £5000 for a good example.

£26000  for a Mondeo derv though........ :o :o :o :o :o :o.

For that kind of money a mouth-watering selection of cars become available.

STEMO

« Reply #89 on: 24 March 2017, 13:26:01 »

Diesel. No.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.