Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega to Insignia  (Read 2385 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Omega to Insignia
« on: 25 March 2017, 17:31:02 »

A friend of mine-KeithB and possibly others on here will know her[she's ABS northern rep]-has with much regret decided to part with her mfl 3L Omega Elite in favour of a 2L turbo Insignia.She does however still have her mfl 3L MV6[in a colour I can never remember the name of,but I've never seen one in the same colour]along with her 3L Carlton GSI 24v and her Monza GSE.So she's not completely Omegaless.I've previously told her of the forum and keep mentioning it to her but so far she's not joined up.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Omega to Insignia
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2017, 18:37:03 »

A friend of mine-KeithB and possibly others on here will know her[she's ABS northern rep]-has with much regret decided to part with her mfl 3L Omega Elite in favour of a 2L turbo Insignia.She does however still have her mfl 3L MV6[in a colour I can never remember the name of,but I've never seen one in the same colour]along with her 3L Carlton GSI 24v and her Monza GSE.So she's not completely Omegaless.I've previously told her of the forum and keep mentioning it to her but so far she's not joined up.

I must say the 2.8l Insignia is the only one that would satisfy my needs :o :o ;D ;D ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2017, 19:25:06 »

I must say the  lord optiis the only one that would satisfy my needs :o :o ;D ;D ;)

Fixed for fun because I could.
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2017, 19:51:55 »

I must say the 2.8l Insignia is the only one that would satisfy my needs :o :o ;D ;D ;)

Great engine, Lizzie. :-* :-*

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2017, 19:53:18 »

.......and what BG says is also true. ;) :-* :-* :-*

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2017, 19:54:57 »

.......and what BG says is also true. ;) :-* :-* :-*
Send for a cheap laptop from eBay in case Mrs Opti reads this.......quick.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2017, 13:19:56 »

Yep, it would get me going :D :D :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2017, 13:28:04 »

The 2.8 is quite powerful for a girlie. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2017, 15:25:12 »

Not as powerful as my current 3.2, so I think I can just about manage it. ;D ;D

I certainly loved the one I took for a fast spin around the Millbrook test circuit just before the Insignia was officially launched. :-* :-*

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 March 2017, 15:41:01 »

I certainly loved the one I took for a fast spin around the Millbrook test circuit just before the Insignia was officially launched. :-* :-*
[/highlight]

I remember you posting about that. Sounds like a great day out Lizzie. :y :-* :-* :-* :-*

The 2.8V6 turbo lump has far more power and torque than your N/A 3.2 V6.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2017, 17:10:02 »

[/highlight]

I remember you posting about that. Sounds like a great day out Lizzie. :y :-* :-* :-* :-*

The 2.8V6 turbo lump has far more power and torque than your N/A 3.2 V6.

No. Nothing is as good as MY 3.2! ::) ::) :D
If I remember correctly the 2.8 V6 of the Insignia certainly packed a punch, but I could only risk going up to 130 mph as, the track limit for us members of the public was 100 mph. But I am sure it would have easily reached 150, and comfortably held that, if I had really pushed it and risked being chucked out of the event :D :D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 March 2017, 06:46:49 »

100mph was actually the limit for that lane :-X Only the outermost lane is derestricted, and was off limits due ongoing roadtesting and competency/insurance reasons...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 March 2017, 14:16:52 »

100mph was actually the limit for that lane :-X Only the outermost lane is derestricted, and was off limits due ongoing roadtesting and competency/insurance reasons...

No GD, not on the day I went. We were instructed on the day that "Professional" drivers were out on the track that day, and not only were we not to exceed 100 mph but also stay out of lane 3 ;).

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 March 2017, 14:25:24 »

Also attended that and the Astra J launch there ;)

Had anything gone awry you would have been uninsured and fully liable...

Highlight was the mountain section of road... proper driving 8)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 March 2017, 16:33:02 »

Also attended that and the Astra J launch there ;)

Had anything gone awry you would have been uninsured and fully liable...

Highlight was the mountain section of road... proper driving 8)

I agree with both those points! :D :y

But what fun we had on both the track and so called mountain climb.  I took a risk with the track, but as a mature, very experienced high speed driver who has done 150 mph on the M40 and M4 (for emergency reasons*), I felt it was worth every minute. ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

* At 0300 hours in the 1990's that is.  Would not do it on today's roads. ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 27 March 2017, 16:42:53 by Lizzie Zoom »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.