Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car prices ....  (Read 7174 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Car prices ....
« Reply #45 on: 29 March 2017, 14:55:52 »

I know a manual is non-starter, it must be an auto. To be honest, after busy days out, an auto is nearly a must for me.
Tell her to pass her test, or its shank's pony from now on.  Keep a bag of frozen peas handy, to reduce the swelling ;D

I think my only option is a Galaxy  ;D
Would the Seat equivalent be cheaper, having an unwanted badge? Or were the Seats all diesel?  I imagine the Sharran holds value better due to silly badge on it.

I like the Seat, very much and my VAGCOM would work. But sod all petrols, I mean sod all!! All diesel, same 2.0 lump, so I know it takes 10/15 mins to get warm!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 29 March 2017, 15:23:14 »

E class estate with rear seat option then...
Onanists always think outside the box.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 29 March 2017, 15:35:35 »

I know a manual is non-starter, it must be an auto. To be honest, after busy days out, an auto is nearly a must for me.
Tell her to pass her test, or its shank's pony from now on.  Keep a bag of frozen peas handy, to reduce the swelling ;D

Would the Seat equivalent be cheaper, having an unwanted badge? Or were the Seats all diesel?  I imagine the Sharran holds value better due to silly badge on it.

I like the Seat, very much and my VAGCOM would work. But sod all petrols, I mean sod all!! All diesel, same 2.0 lump, so I know it takes 10/15 mins to get warm!

Just seen you have a VAGCOM Tunnie. Could I trouble you to plug it into the Phaeton sometime. Have a slight problem with level sensors - they are on separate circuits but both showing fault according to VW. So they say my options are 2 hours labour whilst they check the wiring from sensors at front of car through to ECU in boot or slap on an ECU at £1000!! So Phaeton potentially getting to the age (8 years) now where  gremlins creeping in.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29 March 2017, 15:54:02 »

Just seen you have a VAGCOM Tunnie. Could I trouble you to plug it into the Phaeton sometime. Have a slight problem with level sensors - they are on separate circuits but both showing fault according to VW. So they say my options are 2 hours labour whilst they check the wiring from sensors at front of car through to ECU in boot or slap on an ECU at £1000!! So Phaeton potentially getting to the age (8 years) now where  gremlins creeping in.

Sure, I'm free this weekend? I'm preparing the 2.2 for it's new owner, along with few other bits around the house.

I can pop around in the CC?  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 29 March 2017, 15:57:31 »

I am following this thread with some interest as we are more or less back to the drawing board in our search for a vehicle. Minibuses and transits look more appealing by the day. :'( :'( :'(
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 29 March 2017, 16:09:24 »

Re economy and tax, large petrol (and diesel) cars will always attract high tax brackets and have poor economy. Sadly this is a cross you will have to bear...

However...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610158809484?fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=gu154hn&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&radius=1500&model=R%20CLASS&page=1
Onanists always think outside the box.

baggers

• Intermediate Member
  • Heywood, Mcr
    • Omega 3.0 & 2.2
    • View Profile
    • Property for sale/rent Online
« Reply #52 on: 29 March 2017, 23:14:40 »

IIRC, vauxhall also have some bonkers warranty deal on at the moment that lasts your lifetime, or 100k, whichever comes first.

Given the age of the average OOFer, I have my suspicions as to what will come first :P

There is about an extra £75 added to the service bill with is a sort of insurnace cover for the "life time cover" you can ask for it to be dropped and save on your service bill.

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 31 March 2017, 23:17:02 »

Without wishing to slate ford I have been warned duel mass flywheels can last as little as 30,000 miles and handbraks can fail in the on position on S-max and Mondeo so could prove costly, I've always been a VX fella but I like the look of them both is sports trim.
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01 April 2017, 07:52:31 »

Another 7 seater you could consider-although I don't know if it's physically big enough for your needs-is the Grand C-Max.In size it fits between the "ordinary" C-Max and the S-Max,but unlike the S-Max/Galaxy it has sliding rear doors.Don't know about the isofix bit though.It's available with the 1L ecoboost and 1.6L petrol engines as well a the Diesel option.

korum

• Derby
    • 2003 3.2 Irmscher MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01 April 2017, 09:37:15 »

The 3.2 Elite was around £32000 in 2003. I doubt anyone paid it though.

Heavy discounts, I imagine. :y

My 3.2 Elite list price was £32000 in 2001. I bought it in 2002 at 1 year old for £16500. It also had full Irmscher so presume that would have been extra cost on top of £32000. It was an ex Vauxhall Management car - I always thought Irmscher was factory fitted but some say on here that it never was??

The Irmscher goodies were a dealer fit option that you could order at the same time and would be fitted by the PDI centre.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.