Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: lost torx socket  (Read 3438 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: lost torx socket
« Reply #15 on: 29 March 2017, 19:13:57 »

That's a great tool.

I am buying one! :y :y :y

I have one .. useful but NOT a panacea ... in order to work the "tangs" have to get around/over the object, if they are only "gripping" the object they just slide off ... and getting them around is sometimes not easy, especially when trying to use a torch down a long dark hole .... The one I have also has a decent magnet on the end, which I initially thought would be useful, but it often tries to attach itself to the object I am trying to grab ...... :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 March 2017, 19:15:56 »

That's a great tool.

I am buying one! :y :y :y

I have one .. useful but NOT a panacea ... in order to work the "tangs" have to get around/over the object, if they are only "gripping" the object they just slide off ... and getting them around is sometimes not easy, especially when trying to use a torch down a long dark hole .... The one I have also has a decent magnet on the end, which I initially thought would be useful, but it often tries to attach itself to the object I am trying to grab ...... :(

Ok thanks :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 March 2017, 22:42:26 »

I'm still crying over losing all my tools about 4yrs ago ;D
Shouldn't have thrown them out the Pram then.  ::) ;D

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2017, 18:58:56 »

whilst doing the oil change I put the rail of torx sockets on the scuttle. after I finished what I was doing I picked them up but the 45 dropped off the rail & fell into the hole where scuttle drain is , try as I may its stuck & wont  budge. it appears to be stuck at about 15" down from the top of the scuttle outlet hole.
  did manage to retrieve it by accident really. my air filter box has screws rather than clips & one of the small torx screws wouldn't budge just rounded off. I had to take the full air filter box off to hacksaw between the top & bottom. whilst it was off I noticed in the hole that's in the chassis that under the box a shiny object . my lost torx socket.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 April 2017, 19:15:14 »

whilst doing the oil change I put the rail of torx sockets on the scuttle. after I finished what I was doing I picked them up but the 45 dropped off the rail & fell into the hole where scuttle drain is , try as I may its stuck & wont  budge. it appears to be stuck at about 15" down from the top of the scuttle outlet hole.
  did manage to retrieve it by accident really. my air filter box has screws rather than clips & one of the small torx screws wouldn't budge just rounded off. I had to take the full air filter box off to hacksaw between the top & bottom. whilst it was off I noticed in the hole that's  in the chassis that under the box a shiny object . my lost torx socket.

That's good news.  So often lost tools come to light eventually! :D :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.