Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any views on the Honda Accord estate?  (Read 7368 times)

STEMO

Re: Any views on the Honda Accord estate?
« Reply #60 on: 24 February 2020, 20:50:45 »

There'll be no need for any interaction at all when we all become Jetsons.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 24 February 2020, 20:55:38 »

There'll be no need for any interaction at all when we all become Jetsons.
I think even I will be pushing up the daisies before that happens Uncle Stemo  :-X  :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 24 February 2020, 21:04:05 »

I have a disabled friend with push pull steering wheel controls (no legs or feet)
i tried using those controls  :-[
fortunately the car still has stop go pedals as well   ;D

no doubt you would get used to it if you had no choice

I've always go on quite well with my mate's hand controls, although cruise control is a massive help for motorway driving. 

He also has a Defender with a manual gearbox, where there is a little lever that presses the clutch pedal.  So when you want to change gear, press a button on the gear stick, there's a momentary delay, the clutch is pressed and you then change gear.  Release the button and the clutch is released.  :y

It's a great system but takes a little getting used to!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 24 February 2020, 21:16:33 »

I actually have a mate who had his right leg amputated after treading on a landmine drives an automatic Jaguar with the pedals swapped over ! I have driven it & got used to it in a very short space of time just using my left foot.

Father in law had a stroke years ago which left his right side fubar'd .... His car  is adapted such that there are two throttle pedals however only one can be used at a time, as you lift one out of the way, the other drops down using bowden cables.
His brother in law tried to move the car and tried to use the left foot throttle, however being a die hard manual driver (he has a manual Jaag  ??? ???) when he 'dipped the clutch' he ploughed backwards into a hedge at great speed  ::). As he had the door open while manoeuvring it, he managed to bend the A post when the open door caught in the thick hedge!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 24 February 2020, 21:21:49 »

I thought I'd try using two feet when I went out this aft, it felt really uncomfortable and just wrong. When I used my left foot for the clutch, it was always on the left hand side of the footwell. But with the brake pedal being more towards the middle, I felt the need to turn towards the drivers side window.  ;D

Ride a British motorbike after you've mostly ridden a Japanese bike .... that's fun as the gear lever & brake pedal are on opposite sides & the gears are arse about face from each other. But you soon learn the difference.  ;) ;)
My pal with the Honda Accord estate, which he recommends, also owns 2 1930 Austin 7s, a Honda sports car, a Honda Jazz and a VW Campervan. He has recently bought a small Japanese motorcycle on which to learn to ride and pass his test, after which he intends to buy a 1950 BSA A10, either rigid frame or plunger. The A10 is the basic 650 twin; I used to have a BSA Road Rocket, and that was not very fast. I must warn him that the foot brake and the gear change will be on the opposite sides, though I imagine he already knows. 

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 24 February 2020, 21:30:23 »

.... I must warn him that the foot brake and the gear change will be on the opposite sides, though I imagine he already knows.

He'll soon learn  ;D ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #66 on: 25 February 2020, 08:47:32 »

I actually have a mate who had his right leg amputated after treading on a landmine ...

Jeez, they've really stepped up security at your gaff? ;)

Re Andy B's point about the brake effectively disabling the throttle if applied simultaneously - that was a common cause for complaint on some of the newer (ok, probably decade old by now!) 911s as it effectively stopped you from heel 'n toeing (if you bought one with a proper gearbox rather than the PDK, that is). Seemed like a bit of a blunder on what is meant to be a sports car ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 25 February 2020, 11:38:00 »

On Unimogs, you can fold the clutch pedal in or out of the way :D Unfortunately the semi automated manual that the pedal is attached to won't be rushed, and if you annoy it, then it simply sits in neutral until you've stopped ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 25 February 2020, 17:39:06 »

For all those against left foot braking  ..... have you tried pressing both pedals at the same time? If you have a fly-by-wire throttle (which most cars have these days) then you'll find that after a very short time, the throttle effectively gets switched off  ;)
Most implementations allow an element of using both. Ignoring L series rovers. No need to ask how I found that out.

The Omega, this being an Omega site, allows full abuse ;D
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 25 February 2020, 23:53:11 »

.... ....
The Omega, this being an Omega site, allows full abuse ;D

;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.