Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch battery cost.  (Read 6590 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Watch battery cost.
« Reply #45 on: 13 September 2019, 20:40:16 »

My first watch[possibly even first couple]was indeed a Timex. :y I find a watch more convenient than mobile phone,with the phone I have to hoik it out of my pocket and get it to light up[or whatever it's called for the screen not to be blank]then replace it into pocket,with the watch it's just a quick glance at my wrist.

Exactly, it is still the easiest way to know the time whenever you want to. :y :y

Besides, for people like Field Marshal Opti it must be so morale boosting flashing your Rolex (I wish I could!)  8) 8) ;D ;D ;)

Don't like Rolex watches.

There is an old saying......the only thing worse than a fake Rolex is a real one.

Rolex seem to have the uncanny knack of making a £10,000 watch look so gaudy and trashy that it looks like a £10 watch from a petrol station. :)

Really! ;D ;D

The £9,700 ladies Rolex watch that I have been tempted to buy looks every inch the high gold, very bejewelled beautiful item of jewellery that the price tag suggests 8) 8) :-* :-*

Just cannot justify spending that kind of cash, if even I had it spare, on a watch though, and more importantly the risks someone faces when wearing one is just too great :'( :'(

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 September 2019, 21:21:51 »

My £25, 30 year old Sekonda serves me very well. Only ever had to renew batteries.  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13 September 2019, 22:42:50 »

My first watch[possibly even first couple]was indeed a Timex. :y I find a watch more convenient than mobile phone,with the phone I have to hoik it out of my pocket and get it to light up[or whatever it's called for the screen not to be blank]then replace it into pocket,with the watch it's just a quick glance at my wrist.

Exactly, it is still the easiest way to know the time whenever you want to. :y :y

Besides, for people like Field Marshal Opti it must be so morale boosting flashing your Rolex (I wish I could!)  8) 8) ;D ;D ;)

There is an old saying......the only thing worse than a fake Rolex is a real one.

Rolex seem to have the uncanny knack of making a £10,000 watch look so gaudy and trashy that it looks like a £10 watch from a petrol station. :)

I bought a Rolex once.....  ::)     

From a nice chap on a street corner in Manila for about a tenner!  ;D

It lasted for a couple of years as well!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 14 September 2019, 12:24:46 »

For those attracted to the tacky 'Liberace look' that Rolex offer there are £1200 fake copies that are apparently almost impossible to tell from the real £10000 item.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 14 September 2019, 18:03:17 »

For those attracted to the tacky 'Liberace look' that Rolex offer there are £1200 fake copies that are apparently almost impossible to tell from the real £10000 item.

If you are going to wear a fake Rolex, it's probably cooler to wear a proper fake Rolex!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 14 September 2019, 19:54:59 »

In the '80's, in those overseas markets, you could buy a 'gold Rolex' where the hands ran backwards! It made for interesting 'helpful' comments when flashing it in a bar. ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 14 September 2019, 20:37:44 »

Just to upset TB, I bought a code-controlled, talking watch off ebay, £12.50 delivered - and it arrived prompty and working:P

Ron.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.