Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.0 V6 Engine Plenum; What's the diffirent's!!!  (Read 4892 times)

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
3.0 V6 Engine Plenum; What's the diffirent's!!!
« on: 28 August 2006, 15:14:14 »

I have a 1996 3.0 v.6 omega elite and I was wondering what is the diffirent's between the grey engine plenum which is fitted to my car and the engine plenum fitted to later cars which seems to be longer and more curved and shorter hoses to connect them, does it make a diffirents to BHP
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 V6 Engine Plenum; What's the diffirent's!!
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2006, 15:14:55 »

It means mine's is bigger than yours.  ;D
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2006, 16:06:53 »

I have a 1996 3.0 v.6 omega elite and I was wondering what is the diffirent's between the grey engine plenum which is fitted to my car and the engine plenum fitted to later cars which seems to be longer and more curved and shorter hoses to connect them, does it make a diffirents to BHP
It's not just the plenum that's different , they are bigger engines - 2.6 and 3.2. They are also drive by wire so they don't have an accelerater cable, and they don't have an idle control valve so they don't need to have a squarish front

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2006, 16:09:56 »

It's not just the plenum that's different , they are bigger engines - 2.6 and 3.2. They are also drive by wire so they don't have an accelerater cable, and they don't have an idle control valve so they don't need to have a squarish front

Sorry, thats not quite correct.

My 1998 MV6 3.0 has the elongated/droop plenum.  It came in, I think, at mini-facelift, and across the engine range.  And mine is old style cable (and cruise), not fly by wire. 

Someone else more clever than what I is will no doubt explain better why....
« Last Edit: 28 August 2006, 16:11:42 by hotel21 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2006, 16:17:51 »

Droop snoop fitted to post mini facelift 3.0/3.2 engines...
Grumpy old man

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2006, 17:45:10 »

My 1998 MV6 3.0 has the elongated/droop plenum.  It came in, I think, at mini-facelift, and across the engine range.  And mine is old style cable (and cruise), not fly by wire.

I stand corrected. I've only see the drooping plenum on the later engines (2.6/3.2). Is there a pic of yours anywhere so that I can see what it looks like and where the ICV is placed?

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2006, 17:54:18 »

I stand corrected. I've only see the drooping plenum on the later engines (2.6/3.2). Is there a pic of yours anywhere so that I can see what it looks like and where the ICV is placed?
Mine's is the facelift with the 3.0 not the 3.2, and it has the extended/drooping plenum. Still has cables for accelerator and cruise.

I've got pics on my home PC, but i'm down South at the moment. If no-one else posts a pic, i'll do it for you when i get back home.  ;)

I think the question Jim wanted to know is whether there would be any benefit in changing the setup to the same as mine as he too has the 3.0 but it's pre-facelift, with the shorter plenum. Better performance/torque?
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2006, 18:08:07 »

Robbed these from e-bay

HtH

Broocie

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2006, 18:47:36 »

Robbed these from e-bay

HtH

Broocie

These picture's are also borrowed from eBay they show a 3.0 v6 similar to mine;

you can see who it differ's from the later 30.v6, but I beleive that both engine's are x30xe's is this correct?

So what's the diffirence? more power?
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2006, 18:49:49 »

Mine's is the facelift with the 3.0 not the 3.2, and it has the extended/drooping plenum. Still has cables for accelerator and cruise.

I've got pics on my home PC, but i'm down South at the moment. If no-one else posts a pic, i'll do it for you when i get back home.  ;)

I think the question Jim wanted to know is whether there would be any benefit in changing the setup to the same as mine as he too has the 3.0 but it's pre-facelift, with the shorter plenum. Better performance/torque?

Thank You Kev for making my question more clearer, it's good to have a Fairy God Mother looking over me  ;D

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2006, 19:38:43 »

Sorry to distract everyone fro the original question - I can't answer it though. I did find the pictures very interesting. Only the old one had cruise control fitted and it didn't have that second aux water pump.

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2006, 20:03:33 »

Sorry to distract everyone fro the original question - I can't answer it though. I did find the pictures very interesting. Only the old one had cruise control fitted and it didn't have that second aux water pump.
Both engine's have cruise control, it's just fitted further forward next to the inlet chamber's

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2006, 20:07:45 »

No difference to cruise fitting as stated, just slightly further forward due to longer plenum. AFAIK, no difference performance wise, and seeing as only fitted to 3.0/3.2 probably just balances the intake on the larger engines a little better...
Grumpy old man

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2006, 21:29:10 »

Both engine's have cruise control, it's just fitted further forward next to the inlet chamber's
I can't see the second cable for the cruise control. I did find a pic on eBay of one where I can see it and it doesn't have the second aux pump but I don't know how to post a pic.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2006, 21:31:36 »

If its a 3.0l and there is not a 2nd throttle cable for cruise, then the car doesn't have cruise!
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.