Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Impressive turnouts for climate change  (Read 13879 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Impressive turnouts for climate change
« Reply #60 on: 23 September 2019, 14:46:36 »

Don't forget a 32 hour working week. As opposed to the current (lazy) 40 hour one ::)

That's an extra 8 hours to consume. Surely not good from the saving everything perspective...

Although the funny part was the notion that we would all be earning the same wages for less hours...

I can see the likes of DHL falling for that. Not ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 23 September 2019, 14:51:45 »

No worries Lizzie,I didn't take it as a personal thing.I too use as much electricity/gas as I like Stemo but it still doesn't amount to much.I only buy clothes out of absolute necessity[I hate spending money on them and I only buy new stuff when I can see a long term benefit from doing so and very rarely throw anything out until it is no longer useable.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 23 September 2019, 15:03:21 »

Um... Where to start?  ::)  ;D

Yes, exactly, FOREIGN car manufacturers who ship in many of their parts for the cars purely to be assembled - unlike the true BRITISH car manufacturers of the past - so any emissions reduction will not affect them as a great percentage of the parts are made in foreign lands.

As for the industry doing so well:
July 2019 Overview

So, don't think so!!

I think that you'll find that the main reason for the recent decline in the fortunes of the car manufacturers not just in the UK, but globally, has been because of tougher emissions regulations for diesel engines.  ::)  A tad ironic perhaps?  :-X

As for the example of JCB, that is just one company who decided some time ago to get cheaper workers in distant countries to make their products, so nothing to do with emission controls.

Yes JCB are global Lizzie and have plants worldwide including the UK where they employ 7600 people.  I'm sure they have their finger on the pulse, and doubt they would have any particular loyalty to this country if we regulate ourselves into uncompetitiveness.  ;)

Manufacturing might well be thriving at the moment and the weaker pound has helped the exporters, but that's because we are largely competitive for a modern, advanced economy.  That is key though.. competitiveness.. which if we follow the demands of the climate fanatics we won't be anymore, and we'll end up living in mudhuts eating grass and trying not to fart!  ::)  ;D

I'm not going to get into a tit for tat with on this Lizzie.  You are welcome to the last word. :)

You are offering that to me, a women Sir Tigger!! :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-*

All I will add, to the last full paragraph, is that ALL industrial countries of the World are made to comply with the demands of of The Kyoto Protocol, that the vast majority nations voted for then everyone will be on a level playing field with the same environmental restrictions.

However, as I touched on, the USA - Trump - pulling itself out of that Treaty does NOT help at all and is a disgrace!  It gives no encouragement at all for China to do what it should, and instead continue with it's anti environmental actions!  China is a menace to this World, environmentally and, in particular, politically.  A grave danger to our democracy as well as the air we breath!

Therefore we must do more than the USA is trying to do, for merely political reasons, and apply more commercial sanctions that stop their cheap tat (I noted your comment DG!! ;)) from being sold in the Western World. We also, as "the people" who WILL be gravely affected by the overall menace of a growing China, MUST stop buying Chinese products and instead, whenever possible, only buy those produced in the free World. ;)
« Last Edit: 23 September 2019, 15:05:54 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 23 September 2019, 15:08:49 »

You'll be determined to have the last word whatever Lizzie!  ::)  :-*  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 23 September 2019, 15:09:16 »

No worries Lizzie,I didn't take it as a personal thing.I too use as much electricity/gas as I like Stemo but it still doesn't amount to much.I only buy clothes out of absolute necessity[I hate spending money on them and I only buy new stuff when I can see a long term benefit from doing so and very rarely throw anything out until it is no longer useable.

Ah, that's good Baza! :-* :-*

This subject, like the "B" one, has become a very emotive subject throughout a high proportion of the human race, and I think will run, and run, until well after we have gone! :o :o ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 23 September 2019, 15:09:49 »

You'll be determined to have the last word whatever Lizzie!  ::)  :-*  ;D

:-* :-* ;D ;D :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 23 September 2019, 20:06:21 »

Although the funny part was the notion that we would all be earning the same wages for less hours...

Did they forget to mention the money tree, then? ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 23 September 2019, 20:37:25 »

So my employer will have to pay me the same for 32 hours a week as they do when I work 99 hours a week,as is sometimes the case at the moment ? !
Employers will either go bust or just move overseas. Im just the kid who didn't bother to turn up to the local Comprehensive, but I think I may be more economically literate than John (I love terrorists) McDonnell.
Meanwhile, they are planning on abolishing OFSTED. OFSTED is responsible (among other things) for child protection, so they are going to abolish that as well, as they haven't yet realised this small fact.
On a slightly different note, they are holding their conference next door to the Grand hotel in Brighton. In the 80,s the IRA blew up that hotel and tried to murder the whole of the elected UK Govt. in one hit. A few weeks later Corbyn invited some of the leaders of the IRA to be his personal guests at the House of commons, and later campaigned on behalf of one of the men known to have been one of the bombers.
A Sinn Fein councillor has been invited to speak at a meeting inside the hotel. His constituency office is named after IRA terrorists who died while "on active service". And these creatures talk about democracy.
You couldn't make it up. If only we could still hang them for high treason.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 23 September 2019, 20:51:30 »

We could play them at their own game...

Bbq anyone?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 23 September 2019, 21:19:34 »

On a slightly different note, they are holding their conference next door to the Grand hotel in Brighton. In the 80,s the IRA blew up that hotel and tried to murder the whole of the elected UK Govt. in one hit. A few weeks later Corbyn invited some of the leaders of the IRA to be his personal guests at the House of commons, and later campaigned on behalf of one of the men known to have been one of the bombers.
A Sinn Fein councillor has been invited to speak at a meeting inside the hotel. His constituency office is named after IRA terrorists who died while "on active service". And these creatures talk about democracy.
You couldn't make it up. If only we could still hang them for high treason.

Fully agree about that summary :y

Corbyn is a nasty piece of Marxist work, and to see that, apart from what he has spouted over the decades, just watch and listen to him when he gets rattled. He snaps and snarls at those in his way, or just asking pointed questions of him like some dictator who should not be treated in such a manner! I cannot think of another politician within our democracy who shows such nastiness and extremely rude behaviour, with evil intent, which I personally can see in his eyes. He should be leading an effective opposition, scoring unlimited 'goals' into an open Conservative goal mouth, but instead he has lead Labour into the depths that even Michael Foot never achieved.  >:( >:(

From what has been coming out about his 'inner circle' over the months and from those who have tried to disagree with him and his policies, such as on the issue of anti-Semiticism, he shows his true colours of pure hate. If he was clever he would be dangerous, but he is now constantly displaying his political and personal weakness. Just look at his indecision over Brexit and how Labour should support it or not. At least Buffoon Boris has nailed his flag to the mast and is going for it! :D

Thank God many from within the Labour Party are now really questioning his ability to lead the Party into the next General Election, let alone run the country. The truth is coming out, and his time is / should be expiring. 8) 8)
« Last Edit: 23 September 2019, 21:22:54 by Lizzie Zoom »

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 23 September 2019, 21:50:15 »

You’ll come around to Borris Lizz ...it’s just a matter of charm and time :y :-*
Laying a rubber road.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 23 September 2019, 22:07:09 »

We have two options, do something or do nothing. If we do reduce our carbon output to the required levels, but the climate change deniers are correct, the worse that happens is that the world becomes far more energy efficient, and   our descendants still survive. However, if we make no, or an insufficient, attempt, to reduce carbon output, and the scientists are correct, we will destroy the planet, and our descendants are no more.
It seems a no brainer to me. :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 24 September 2019, 09:13:17 »

We have two options, do something or do nothing. If we do reduce our carbon output to the required levels, but the climate change deniers are correct, the worse that happens is that the world becomes far more energy efficient, and   our descendants still survive. However, if we make no, or an insufficient, attempt, to reduce carbon output, and the scientists are correct, we will destroy the planet, and our descendants are no more.
It seems a no brainer to me. :y

Exactly Shackeng, that is how I see it and have said so repeatedly in this thread. :y :y

The climate change deniers do not like it though, even though there is nothing to lose ::) ::) ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 24 September 2019, 09:23:55 »

Absolutely no point trying to do anything when people are buying £14 microwaves just because they like the colour rather than because the old one no longer works :-X

Also there's no way we can celebrate becoming carbon neutral as a country when the British government is happy to turn a blind eye to all our electrical crap being sent to places like Port Harcourt so that people can burn the copper out of it for 25 cents a day :-X

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 24 September 2019, 09:50:14 »

You’ll come around to Borris Lizz ...it’s just a matter of charm and time :y :-*

I have said repeatedly that I want to; I want him to prove me wrong; I want him to make me proud to be a Conservative again. But he keeps on living up to my image of Boris; the guffer, the fool, the bluffer, the over-inflated ego (although perhaps that goes with the territory of all politicians!! ::) ::)) and the one who can get things so terribly wrong all too many times.  He has torn the Conservative Party to shreds, with the constant bluff that he is going to sort "B" out - I really hope he can by 31st October - but he is not convincing me at all. :( :(

As for "charm", for me he has zero amount of that, and he has very little "time" to prove me, and the majority of the country, wrong about him! :o :o ::) ::) :D ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.