Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated seats  (Read 4383 times)

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
Heated seats
« on: 09 December 2014, 18:49:16 »

Seasons felicitations to all.Think i know the answer,but does the passenger and drivers seat.Have separate fuses,as pass is lovey and hot,drivers flecking freezing.Both lights on console on,leather,omega elite 95.The wife said,put your thermals on you wimp. ;D :y.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Heated seats
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2014, 18:55:14 »

I believe they are on separate fuses on the fronts (rears share same fuse), but dream on if you think its just a fuse ;)
Grumpy old man

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2014, 19:02:40 »

I believe they are on separate fuses on the fronts (rears share same fuse), but dream on if you think its just a fuse ;)
Thanks TB,so the seat is flecked.Just my luck as its turning,a bit nippy up norf. ;D :y.But in my dream,if i change fuse.14,20,29,it might work. ::) ;D.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2014, 19:06:28 by moggy »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2014, 19:12:16 »

Just checked FL schems, if the dash indicator lights up, and one seat works but not other, it ain't the fuse. So save the bother of even looking ;)
Grumpy old man

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2014, 19:14:30 »

Is it possible,to move the front seats.To the back and the back seats to the front.That way i could take the cat,at least their.Would be one warm pussy,instead of the wife.BTW i int stupid,the wife never looks on our forum. ::) :) :).

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2014, 19:20:11 »

Just checked FL schems, if the dash indicator lights up, and one seat works but not other, it ain't the fuse. So save the bother of even looking ;)
TB is my car a FL then,as i thought it was a PFL.Also i have just changed the,indicator stalk any connection. :-\

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2014, 19:46:28 »

TB is my car a FL then,as i thought it was a PFL.Also i have just changed the,indicator stalk any connection. :-\
Just reread,you mean the light,on the heated seat switch.What a idiot i am. :y.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2014, 20:14:51 »

I have absolutely no idea what your car is, other than your profile say "3.0l" ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2014, 20:18:21 »

Just checked the PFL schems as well. Basically the same as far as power feeds are concerned.

So if the orange light is on, and the other seat works fine, its either the controller (unlikely on PFL), wiring (possible) or element (likely).
Grumpy old man

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 December 2014, 20:27:55 »

I have absolutely no idea what your car is, other than your profile say "3.0l" ;)
TB,sorry to be a pain.Its a 3ltr 1995 Elite Auto.Saloon.Does that help.Dean :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 December 2014, 20:30:03 »

See reply #8 for PFL cars.

If you're really, really lucky it'll be damaged wires under seat. But more likely the element.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 December 2014, 20:45:01 »

Take the seat out, remove the base cover (did I see a guide recently?), cos the damage is likely to be the base rather that the back and have a look. If the burnt bit is only just on the element you might be able to cut it out & resolder. If not, your wife's suggestion of Long Johns might be a good idea  ::)  ;)

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 December 2014, 20:47:32 »

See reply #8 for PFL cars.

If you're really, really lucky it'll be damaged wires under seat. But more likely the element.
Thanks TB.I must admit i have moved the seat.About 6 or seven ,times in the last 2 weeks.Back and forward,to put the new stalk in.And check the fuses,also when hoovering.But if the element is gone,its gone.I will have a look over the weekend.Don't think i will bother,changing seats.What a nightmare,thanks for your advice.Kind Regards Dean. :y

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 09 December 2014, 20:52:08 »

It won't fix the seat any, but reread the penultimate line of the first post ::)

;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 December 2014, 20:55:20 »

It won't fix the seat any, but reread the penultimate line of the first post ::)

;D

as there are only two lines in the first post ...............  ???
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.