Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: locked out!  (Read 1415 times)

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
locked out!
« on: 10 December 2014, 12:37:20 »

Havent used the mig for a while and battery has run down but had no chance to charge it over the weekend as I was working. Just came to jump start her and the door wont open with the key. Im sure that in the past when the battery was flat I have still been able to unlock the door manually because I remember the power-sounder going off. Am I being thick? ::) :-[

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
Re: locked out!
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2014, 12:44:52 »

PS-just read some of "searches" for this and Ive tried turning the key and pulling the handle but doesnt want to know. Maybe I need to be more forcefull? :-[

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2014, 12:56:41 »

PS-just read some of "searches" for this and Ive tried turning the key and pulling the handle but doesnt want to know. Maybe I need to be more forcefull? :-[

Yes you do,turn key to unlock and while key held in that position under pressure try the handle,it should go :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2014, 13:29:27 »

Havent used the mig for a while and battery has run down but had no chance to charge it over the weekend as I was working. Just came to jump start her and the door wont open with the key. Im sure that in the past when the battery was flat I have still been able to unlock the door manually because I remember the power-sounder going off. Am I being thick? ::) :-[
As Henry says, needs to go hard right and button may not allows pop up, hence the holding handle open bit.

If the lock has not been used for a while they do sulk, also try some WD40 in the Lock and key blade gentle working it around.

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2014, 13:50:51 »

Thanks for the response Henry/Zirk. Just tried again and success ! :y---And she jump started starightaway too ! Guess you cant be too gentle with her, I  remember when I changed the dash lights the cowl over the steering column was in the way and you had to force it down to get to the screw and I kept thinking Id break it. Still, many thanks for your help :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.