Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOMELINK GARAGE DOOR OPENER for OMEGA???  (Read 1890 times)

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
HOMELINK GARAGE DOOR OPENER for OMEGA???
« on: 10 December 2014, 18:11:53 »

Hello everyone... :y
I have bought a HomeLink brand garage door opener from eBay. ;) And, I am planning to train this HomeLink device and place it on the fascia for the sunroof control to use instead of the original remotes. It will also look original if I will be successful.  ::)   
At this point, I wonder if our Omegas are equipped with the electrical wiring and plug under the sunroof control cover (fascia) or somewhere else.  :)
If so, it would be much easier other than wiring from the roof lamp or from the lights.  8) Or, is anyone attempted to install HomeLink or another device?
Any ideas? ???

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: HOMELINK GARAGE DOOR OPENER for OMEGA???
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2014, 18:25:42 »

The US Catera had the buttons on the interior mirror for use with a garage door opener ..... no idea how it worked though  :-\

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-CATERA-1998-2001-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-AUTO-DIMMING-p-n-90440846-VA-25-/221624086488?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3399d32fd8&vxp=mtr

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2014, 20:48:27 »

The US Catera had the buttons on the interior mirror for use with a garage door opener ..... no idea how it worked though  :-\

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-CATERA-1998-2001-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-AUTO-DIMMING-p-n-90440846-VA-25-/221624086488?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3399d32fd8&vxp=mtr
Which suggests that the wiring may well exist in the interior mirror wiring :-\

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2014, 09:14:16 »

I once fitted extra button (rear blind button) to original place in dash, then opened the garage door opener, soldered wires to it, attached to this "new" button and hide opener behind ash tray. Worked a treat and when I decided not to use it anymore just simply pull the button out, put blank facia back on and put the opener together as nothing was broken, only the two wires had to be soldered off  :y

What are the other buttons on Catera-mirror?

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 December 2014, 19:20:21 »

I once fitted extra button (rear blind button) to original place in dash..
I am planning to install HomeLink device in the sunroof control fascia where I can find an enough depth... ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.