Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zenon headlight will not adjust.  (Read 1089 times)

KJO

• Cork
    • View Profile
Zenon headlight will not adjust.
« on: 16 December 2014, 23:55:43 »

I have a Sept 2000 reg 2.2 petrol Omega with zenon HID headlights. I can't get the right hand headlight to adjust up enough for the beam to not to hit the ground just in front of the car. I've replaced the plastic adjusters for the aluminium ones but still unable to adjust it up enough. I had it at my local Opel dealers and they could not adjust it. I also get the message periodically "Low field of vision" and then it clears. Any help would be appreciated :y.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: Zenon headlight will not adjust.
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2014, 01:43:31 »

I have a Sept 2000 reg 2.2 petrol Omega with zenon HID headlights. I can't get the right hand headlight to adjust up enough for the beam to not to hit the ground just in front of the car. I've replaced the plastic adjusters for the aluminium ones but still unable to adjust it up enough. I had it at my local Opel dealers and they could not adjust it. I also get the message periodically "Low field of vision" and then it clears. Any help would be appreciated :y.

That indicates a fault in headlight levelling system - usually due to arm popping of sensor on n/s front wishbone, but may be knackered sensor, knackered levelling motor or wiring fault in circuit.  Intermittent points to wiring issue ;)  Tech 2 session should narrow down fault location.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2014, 01:47:17 »

Or, more likely, the motor wasn't correctly located in the actuating arm, thereby locking the mechanism in the low position :y

Low field error is likely a red herring...

Check the motor arm is correctly located, then, if the low field error returns, check the sensors... one one front left wishbone, tother on left hand rear trailing arm ;)
« Last Edit: 17 December 2014, 01:54:38 by Taxi Al »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2014, 17:07:31 »

I'd say the error message is the cause of the servo being lowered fully on that side. Get it on a reader :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.