Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Black Omega Elite 3.2  (Read 2437 times)

belldarr

Black Omega Elite 3.2
« on: 25 September 2010, 11:35:58 »

Hi all,  I was going to post this in the general car chat but then after typing it all in decided some pics would be helpful so better off in the Gallery! Anyway, my question is: What is the value of my Omega?  I am not thinking of selling as it's everything I need in a car, although I sometimes wish it was an estate but I like the electric rear blind too much :)  the car has covered 117,000 miles but the service history has an engine replacement at vauxhall at 72,000 - all the cambelt hsitory is good with the last one 6000 miles ago (with waterpump), HBV done, just had new rear air shocks from vauxhall.

Options on it are rain sensative wipers, rear parking sensors, heat reflective windscreen, colour display and sat nav.

Irmy bits are - Grille with chrome surround, rear double D exhuast, and the wooden steering wheel with stereo controls.

I am also about to swap the front bumper for an MV6 one as I prefer the smoother look around the fog lights.

Condition is good, a couple of marks here and there, no advisories on the MOT in July.

I have owned the car for 3 years and it had 92,000 when I bought it. Full service history etc.

As I said this isn't leading up to a for sale ad I just want to get some views on value mainly for insurance etc.

Regards

Darren

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • 2001 Cadillac Catera SPT
    • View Profile
Re: Black Omega Elite 3.2
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2010, 11:46:04 »

Looks amazing... thats the exact car I would like to own some day...
2K1 - CCS //Mods: K&N, Steinmetz Cat-back, Port/polish intake system, 3.8BAR FPR, 3.2L Injectors, MAF, V8 Brakes, GTO Springs, 194RWHP.

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2010, 11:46:26 »

nice, very tidy indeed. the leather looks tip top. i'm starting to like black facelifts a whole lot more recently hehe  :y
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2010, 11:48:47 »

That is a lovely car Darren!! :-* :-* :-* 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

As for value: whatever someone wishes to pay for an excellent Omega!  £2,500 - £3,000 perhaps, but on the OOF £2,000!! :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;)

belldarr

« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2010, 11:57:48 »

Thanks for the replies, CateraMV6 that is praise indeed as your car looks amazing, and Humbucker the leather is in pretty good condition thanks to the Gliptone treatment - plus the fact there is only ever me in it lol and good luck on the new facelift project by the way...and thank you for the kind comments Lizzie and the valuation, I take your point on the variations  ;)

Darren

FoxyV6

« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2010, 11:58:23 »

stunning car :y i always worry about if i ever came to sell my Omega, looking at ebay the prices have fell threw the floor. My cars well known on the forum but it has no service history so id probably get naff all for a fantastic car :(

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2010, 13:44:13 »

That car looks very good indeed Darren.  I particularly like the body /upholstery colour combination - very smart. 8-) 8-) :y

The only thing I would feel uneasy about is the size of the tail pipes.  A bit on the large size for me - but then I'm an old get, set in my ways. ;D ;D :D
« Last Edit: 25 September 2010, 13:49:23 by Zulu77 »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2010, 15:25:25 »

Don't let Chris Gixer see this car!

Looks fabulous by the way.  :y

belldarr

« Reply #8 on: 25 September 2010, 17:43:04 »

Thank you all, some very kind comments.

Ref the tail pipes - I was undecided on them for a long time as I thought they looked a bit boy racer but I do like the chrome with the black and also they sound pretty good when your in a multi-story car park, not loud just a bit of a deeper tone.

:y

Darren

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 September 2010, 18:44:28 »

Damn fine looking car Dar, love 'em in black  :y
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 September 2010, 18:59:15 »

That is very very nice!
I've got a 2003 2.6 Elite saloon in black, and I've got the charocal velour trim which I really don't like. I think the dark exterior and light interior is the best combination, and it's all perfectly set off with the Irmscher steering wheel. I'm very jealous of your interior.
If you have no intention of selling, and all valuations are for insurance purpouses, then I would say circa £2750, quite possibly a tiny bit more. The rarity of the colour combination, CID and Irmscher steering wheel does help out with the price.

belldarr

« Reply #11 on: 25 September 2010, 20:56:50 »

Thanks gents - and thank you Josh for the ballpark valuation, it's not as nice as your Elite Estate I'm sure :)

Our insurance assesors at work have decided that our biggest risk is an airplane landing on the building as we are directly under the flightpath for an airport, so we have all been asked to provide car values.  Cheery thought lol.

Darren

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 September 2010, 21:12:53 »

Thanks gents - and thank you Josh for the ballpark valuation, it's not as nice as your Elite Estate I'm sure :)

Our insurance assesors at work have decided that our biggest risk is an airplane landing on the building as we are directly under the flightpath for an airport, so we have all been asked to provide car values.  Cheery thought lol.

Darren

thats wonderful news. a payout for a replacement motor when your dead. :y ;D

waspy

« Reply #13 on: 25 September 2010, 21:40:03 »

That's one beautiful looking car 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Black :) 8-) :-* :P but i'm biased ;D

zvi

• Intermediate Member
  • IL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 September 2010, 21:43:50 »

Beautiful looking car  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.