Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black sealant query  (Read 801 times)

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Black sealant query
« on: 13 January 2009, 16:29:23 »

I unfortunately missed Vx on saturday to get the genuine stuff and the reserve I had unfotunately had gone solid lol. I had to go to halfords in the end and bought the Loctite equivalent has anyone else on here tried the stuff, any luck it will be just as good as the VX black stuff.

Whats the chances it will leak again following using this stuff, needed something at the time as had the cover off.

Car on a whole runs alot better following the rocker cover reseal and an ICV clean including the breathers.

Next job is the shocks and springs all round.

feeutfo

Re: Black sealant query
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2009, 16:39:38 »

there was a thread on this a while back, iirc, the loctite  version of the vx stuff was loctite 598 as available from Halfords, but this was superbead by i slightly different product with a 4 digit code begining with 10** or similar, and takes something like 48 hours to cure fully. Or something along those lines. What ever the details the outcome was it was ok to use.... Hth

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2009, 08:40:33 »

there was a thread on this a while back, iirc, the loctite  version of the vx stuff was loctite 598 as available from Halfords, but this was superbead by i slightly different product with a 4 digit code begining with 10** or similar, and takes something like 48 hours to cure fully. Or something along those lines. What ever the details the outcome was it was ok to use.... Hth

I have left it a couple of days before checking shall be taking a look during lunch fingers crossed it has cured the oil leak.

The stuff I got confirmed it was good for oil seals i.e sump pan etc so hopefully it was a good purchase, if it has failed its no biggy really cos I shall make sure I get the propper VX stuf come saturday morning if needed.

What I found was I had the HG done at a garage and they never put any sealant on so some sealant imo is better than none.

I shall let people know what my findings are hopefully after lunch pending on how work goes today  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2009, 13:07:51 »

only round the half moon cam cut outs, as the guide, but you knew that....:-)
« Last Edit: 14 January 2009, 13:08:41 by chrisgixer »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2009, 13:14:36 »

Loctite 910 was used at the factory

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2009, 15:25:46 »

Checked the car earlier feeling quite pleased with my efforts no traces of oil at the rear of the engine or down the sides just need to check where the cam sensor is, if all clear hopefully all will be ok
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.