Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 68908 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #165 on: 16 November 2018, 17:28:33 »

But this how a democracy works. If you have a nation where 52% of the population are 'thickos' and 48% are 'not thickos', then the thickos will always win a vote that has only two options. If there was only two political parties, the thickos would permanently govern.
Whining cannot change this, discussion and persuasion possibly could. Not thickos could say that the thickos only voted this way because they were fed a crock of shite before the referendum. Promises that not thickos could see would be impossible to deliver. But it's all moot, we are where we are, live with it.

Are 'thickos' thicker than 'thickies'?

If thickos and thickies work as a team they could produce millions of 'double thick' offspring.

.......oh, hang on. It's too late. :)
« Last Edit: 16 November 2018, 17:31:55 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

aaronjb

« Reply #166 on: 16 November 2018, 17:34:16 »

If thickos and thickies work as a team they could produce millions of 'double thick' offspring.

Are we talking about cream, now? Because I prefer clotted, myself. I hope Brexit won't ruin trade relations with Cornwall...

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 16 November 2018, 17:35:43 »

Are we talking about cream, now? Because I prefer clotted, myself. I hope Brexit won't ruin trade relations with Cornwall...
All the talk of independence has gone quiet recently...  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 16 November 2018, 17:37:58 »

I don't believe there will be or should be a second referendum.

But if there were, my guess is 'remain' would win it.

If there is a second referendum I don't believe there should be a 'remain option'. I think the choice should be between TM's deal ( piss poor though it is) or no deal. We (not me) have already voted to leave.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 16 November 2018, 17:49:28 »

I don't believe there will be or should be a second referendum.

But if there were, my guess is 'remain' would win it.

If there is a second referendum I don't believe there should be a 'remain option'. I think the choice should be between TM's deal ( piss poor though it is) or no deal. We (not me) have already voted to leave.

I'm inclined to agree. Forgetting we ever thought about leaving seems a sensible way out of this fustercluck, but the EU is now a toxic "brand" in the UK and to not leave will unleash a wave of nationalism and unpleasantness that will make UKIP and the EDL look like a knitting circle IMHO.

I just hope all the pledges to vote down the deal are because it genuinely is a trap that we can't extricate ourselves from rather than an opportunity to further a few political ambitions. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #170 on: 16 November 2018, 18:11:05 »

All the sycophantic little toadies are coming out now. Michael Gove......doesn't TM know how easily he turns his treacherous coat? It doesn't matter which side of the argument you sit, this unsightly game of musical chairs is sick making. Anyone can be a cabinet minister (have you even heard of the new brexit secretary?) because they can't have any say on the outcome. Just a nice few bob extra pay until it all blows up.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 16 November 2018, 18:39:59 »

All the sycophantic little toadies are coming out now. Michael Gove......doesn't TM know how easily he turns his treacherous coat? It doesn't matter which side of the argument you sit, this unsightly game of musical chairs is sick making. Anyone can be a cabinet minister (have you even heard of the new brexit secretary?) because they can't have any say on the outcome. Just a nice few bob extra pay until it all blows up.
His constituency includes Wisbech , which  voted quite heavily to leave. Wonder where he sits with that?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 16 November 2018, 19:13:32 »

His constituency includes Wisbech , which  voted quite heavily to leave. Wonder where he sits with that?

Probably nowhere. Have you noticed that a lot of MPs dont take a blind bit of notice about how their constituents voted. Probably democratic parliament sovereignty or such like. STEMO you are right again. At the rate it is going it is quite possible a forum member might get a job like Brexit secretary despite not currently being an mp.

An interesting snippet of Mays appearance this am on lbc radio. The nhs will be getting 394 million a week. Bit more than the 350 on the bus. I dare say it is just back “pay” from years of tory under funding.......
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 16 November 2018, 19:28:01 »

Your last observation really grips my shit...

If Liebour hadn't spent all the money and then borrowed against the future and spent all that as well, the Tories might actually have had a budget to work with >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 16 November 2018, 19:30:20 »

At the rate it is going it is quite possible a forum member might get a job like Brexit secretary despite not currently being an mp.

I'd quite like that job!  :y

I'd tell the arrogant Barnier to stick his stupid backstop up his jacksie, and that the only alternative to organising a proper solution to the border in the first place would be getting Trump over to build a wall!  :-X  ;D

Bit late now though.....  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #175 on: 16 November 2018, 19:34:46 »

At the rate it is going it is quite possible a forum member might get a job like Brexit secretary despite not currently being an mp.

I'd tell the arrogant Barnier to stick his stupid backstop up his jacksie, and that the only alternative to organising a proper solution to the border in the first place would be getting Trump over to build a wall!  :-X  ;D

Ermmm......no you wouldn't, because you wouldn't actually get to meet him.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 16 November 2018, 19:38:12 »

Why not?  Davies and Raab did.  :-\

Ah yes, an ex lorryist called Tigger is wheeeeeay below his pay grade!  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #177 on: 16 November 2018, 19:39:03 »

Why not Davies an Raab did.  :-\

Ok....you can meet him. But you'd better not talk to him.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 16 November 2018, 19:46:39 »

Why not Davies an Raab did.  :-\

Ok....you can meet him. But you'd better not talk to him.  ;D

Hmmm I can't speak French beyond badly accented schoolboy stuff that will just piss him off.   ::)

Bonjooor Monsewer Barniyuur!  Coomment tally vooos?  :)

And there's no way am I having the arrogant likes of him trying to talk Darzet to me!  >:(     

So we'd get on like a house on fire! ;D 

In fact he'd get so sick of me that in short order he tell me to keep my oppsing £39 billion!  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 16 November 2018, 19:47:33 »

Double it more like ::)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.