Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice needed..  (Read 1112 times)

A1 JON

• Derbyshire.
    • 2.6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
Advice needed..
« on: 08 February 2012, 18:28:50 »

Hi guys,
Took my 2.6 V6 petrol estate into a local garage to have the cam cover gaskests replaced today due to oil leaks. On collection all seemed fine but on stopping the engine there seams to be a sucking noise from the plenum as if a valve is shutting? this is also apparent on start up, and blipping the throttle, sounds like a vacum/ suction noise?  what have they done? didn't do it before and car runs fine.Have to take it back tomorrow would be nice to have a little knowledge as to what the problem may be, so he can rectify it. On the plus side oil leaks are cured (and he used vauxhall parts) just left with this anoyinng noise. any help would be gratefully recived.
Thanks in advance guys.
Jon. :(
« Last Edit: 08 February 2012, 18:40:30 by A1 JON »

fiend61

• Omega Knight
  • york
  • each to their own
    • 2.5cdx 3.0mv6 3.2vec c
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed..
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2012, 18:38:07 »

sounds like a vacuum leak from somewhere, possible that one of the big 'o' rings on the plenum might not be right  :-\   take it back and get it put right  :y

A1 JON

• Derbyshire.
    • 2.6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2012, 18:56:01 »

sounds like a vacuum leak from somewhere, possible that one of the big 'o' rings on the plenum might not be right  :-\   take it back and get it put right  :y

Going back tommorow morning hopfully something as simple as that, a little annoyed really as they fitted a cam kit last year and all was fine, they would have had to remove the plenum for that. really does my head in, as I am mechanically minded but don't feel confident enough to have a go myself plus its chuffing cold outside :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2012, 19:30:52 »

Oh dear, a garage doing cam cover gaskets...  ...any sweepstakes on how long they will last, and what the excuse will be when they fail?

I'm gonna go with 6 weeks, and "Warpped camcovers".

Sorry to be the bearer of likely bad news  :'(

Where are you?
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.