Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A day of discovered bodges.  (Read 1769 times)

omega3000

A day of discovered bodges.
« on: 24 March 2012, 21:44:37 »

Today me and martin42 replaced the thermostat and coolant bridge bolts and seals .

We discovered the transfer pipe had been bodged up with clear sealant as well as the thermostat  >:( All damp around the thermostat housing and stinking , the coolant bridge seals were absolutely shot so everything has been replaced correctly now and hoping its an end to the overheating .

Many thanks to Martin who tackled the B*stad bolt , couldnt have done it without him  :y

martin42

Re: A day of discovered bodges.
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2012, 22:09:04 »

Thanks for the plasters,i needed them before i even started on your car lol  :y

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2012, 22:18:28 »

Thanks for the plasters,i needed them before i even started on your car lol  :y
;D  Plenty of plaster's , you need them when you own an omega .
Taking the car for a long run in the morning , will let you know the outcome  :y

martin42

« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2012, 22:19:30 »

im flying out 2night for a very long holiday,warranty now invalid  ;D ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2012, 22:27:50 »

Today me and martin42 replaced the thermostat and coolant bridge bolts and seals .

We discovered the transfer pipe had been bodged up with clear sealant as well as the thermostat  >:( All damp around the thermostat housing and stinking , the coolant bridge seals were absolutely shot so everything has been replaced correctly now and hoping its an end to the overheating .

Many thanks to Martin who tackled the B*stad bolt , couldnt have done it without him  :y

if it was me, I would test it as soon as repair finished.. I'm not that patient ;D

omega3000

« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2012, 22:28:18 »

im flying out 2night for a very long holiday,warranty now invalid  ;D ;D
:'(

Theres a few bolt holes empty did you drop some in the inlets  :-\ :-\ sounds like a bag o nails now  :'(

martin42

« Reply #6 on: 24 March 2012, 22:29:16 »

opps thats why we had no bolts left over  :D :D

omega3000

« Reply #7 on: 24 March 2012, 22:34:23 »

if it was me, I would test it as soon as repair finished.. I'm not that patient ;D

Its ok , if its not fixed the problems ive been having im driving it straight into the breakers ........simples  8)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #8 on: 24 March 2012, 22:35:52 »

Its ok , if its not fixed the problems ive been having im driving it straight into the breakers ........simples  8)

and you are not patient too ;D :y

omega3000

« Reply #9 on: 24 March 2012, 22:49:47 »

opps thats why we had no bolts left over  :D :D

Will report back the results tomorrow  :y

omega3000

« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2012, 09:26:40 »

UPDATE :
Water level had dropped a tad overnight so re filled to level .
Took the car for a long run and temp gauge sitting at 96 and no more of the needle fluctuating , left the car running on the drive till the fans cut in and its cooling down as normal .

So all this bother ive been having all down to some other persons handy bodge work  >:(

HTH anyone who has similar issues , its not an easy job but doable with plenty of patience and a helping hand . Now its time to sit in the garden without greasy hands for a change  :)

Ps   

Sorry about the cat clawing your leg martin  :y

martin42

« Reply #11 on: 25 March 2012, 10:02:07 »

Glad its all ok now and you can chill out for the day :y

omega3000

« Reply #12 on: 25 March 2012, 10:05:09 »

Glad its all ok now and you can chill out for the day :y

A well needed break from car repairs , gearbox overhaul next and diff so how you fixed  ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.