Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silver Omega Mv6 2.6 manual saloon. For sale, £1500.  (Read 4867 times)

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile

I have the log book present in my name which states this vehicle has 3 former keepers it also shows that this vehicle was first registered in May 2002.
I am led to believe that the first of the former keepers was a Vauxhall dealership.
It has tax until the end of September and M.O.T. until 16th November both 2012.
Due to me being a Motor Trader I can offer insured testdrives providing you show evidence of full U.K. driving licence.
It has just clocked up 170,000 miles.

As far as I can gather it is totally standard and as it left the factory, apart from the addition of a Nokia CK-7W hands free kit which links with any mobile phone that has blue tooth, and a Haman/Kardon drive+play system which allows you to listen to music stored on any ipod or iphone via the cars Bose audio system.
The only addition I have made is the Irmscher exhaust.
It is equipped with nearly everything an Elite model has apart from the memory function seats and mirrors. Oh and no heated rear seats either.

The car benefits from, amongst other things:-
Reverse parking sensors.
Electric rear blind.
Autodim rear view mirror
NCDC2013 colour satnav with 2007/2008 disc.
Bose audio upgrade.
Cruise control.
Chilled glovebox.
Auxiliary heating system.
Heated front seats.
Active headrestraints.
Xenon lights.

All interior controls are working as expected with no broken or damaged components, only quite minor wear, as shown in the pictures.

I have the battery 'bag' just not refitted after alternator escapade!

Car comes with two keys and car pass etc.

I tend not to attach too much importance to service history on a vehicle of this age, more relevant is the current condition of the car, in my opinion.

More pictures here...
http://s383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/brikheadphoto/Omega%20Mv6%20Facelift/Mv6%20for%20sale/

The vehicle is 10 years old and has done many many miles, that said it is obvious that the car has been well looked after.
She drives VERY well and tracks straight and true, the brakes pull you up evenly and she rolls along smoothly and quietly without issue.
No running problems or e.m.l. issues at all.
Very good engine with no noise or oil consumption issues.
Good gear change and clutch feel.

Now the not so good bits.

I've had the air-con regassed but it has a leak from the filling valve, I will provide a replacement, hopefully even find time to fit it.
The brake pedal and hand brake travel is longer than I'd like, all work more than adequately so I may be being fussy but I'd like to flush through the old fluid and adjust the handbrake, if I find the time.
Body work needs attention due to the odd scratch, stone chip, etc.
I'd rather leave this for the next owner to deal with properly rather than try to conceal it 'on the cheap'.
The surface rust is not too bad but within a few years it will look terrible unless sorted soon, have a look at the pictures....

The car is located in Wolverhampton.
Any questions or comments?
Please get in touch.

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Omega Mv6 2.6 manual saloon. For sale, £1500.
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2012, 01:30:10 »

Just to add, I've painted the plastic wheel covers black and they look much better. :y

Price reduced to £1,250.
Part exchange welcome.

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2012, 11:09:41 »

What is the aux heating system exactly?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2012, 11:23:19 »

Heats coolant up quicker  :)

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2012, 11:44:31 »

So, a Kenlowe type electric heater or Webasto fuel powered one then? The reason I've asked is that the Kenlowes seem very popular on the ABS site - but I've hardly seem mention of them on OOF. I've only seen the fuel powered ones on Diesels - so am interested to see what this car has.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2012, 12:22:05 »

So, a Kenlowe type electric heater or Webasto fuel powered one then? The reason I've asked is that the Kenlowes seem very popular on the ABS site - but I've hardly seem mention of them on OOF. I've only seen the fuel powered ones on Diesels - so am interested to see what this car has.

Only the 2.2dti Omegas have diesel powered coolant heaters.  I think the 'Aux heating system' referred to here is the additional electric water pump that sits on the OSF inter wing below the coolant header tank, and continues to provide heat to the cabin after the engine is turned off.  It's fitted as standard to my Elite, and I believe it was also part of the 'Winter Pack' option.  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2012, 19:46:33 »

The CID needs reprogramming as well - somebody has previously made a mess of it ;D
Grumpy old man

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2012, 09:53:14 »

The reason I've asked is ... I'..m interested to see what this car has.
As said by 'twiglet', Mate. I was referring to the extra pumps mounted on the radiator and inner wing, perhaps 'ancillary' better describes it rather than 'auxiliary'!?
It's a very good feature as I'm sure you know because I'm sure that I sold you some parts from the set-up a few years back.

Nice looking Car and Spec there B.
Why thankyou er, Z, she really is a joy to drive and I always get out of her smiling!
She drives like she's covered 70k not 170!

The CID needs reprogramming as well - somebody has previously made a mess of it ;D
And what are you hoping to achieve by being derogatory!? :y ;D

...or maybe you wanted to let everybody know that the colour screen has recently been replaced so therefore should be trouble free for a long time to come?

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2012, 12:17:59 »

As said by 'twiglet', Mate. I was referring to the extra pumps mounted on the radiator and inner wing, perhaps 'ancillary' better describes it rather than 'auxiliary'!?
It's a very good feature as I'm sure you know because I'm sure that I sold you some parts from the set-up a few years back.

Indeed yes. Interestingly regarding the MFL cars, the inner wing pump is only fitted to cars without cruise control as the pump sits in the space otherwise occupied by the cruise gubbins. It's only just clicked with me that the FL cars dont have the cruise gubbins as it's done via the ECU so will have this feature. Needless to say that I haven't got round to fitting it to mine as I haven't looked into getting the electrical feed to the pump. Can't rush these things  ::).

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2012, 13:30:52 »

Indeed yes. Interestingly regarding the MFL cars, the inner wing pump is only fitted to cars without cruise control as the pump sits in the space otherwise occupied by the cruise gubbins. It's only just clicked with me that the FL cars dont have the cruise gubbins as it's done via the ECU so will have this feature. Needless to say that I haven't got round to fitting it to mine as I haven't looked into getting the electrical feed to the pump. Can't rush these things  ::).

Only the DBW cars, the earlier F/L's still have the cruise module.  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.