Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: De-pairing a NCDC 2015 from its donor car  (Read 3122 times)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
De-pairing a NCDC 2015 from its donor car
« on: 25 March 2015, 00:04:34 »

I have a 2002 3.2 Elite saloon, which is for breaking. It has an NCDC 2015, with telematics in the glovebox and a CID. I asked my local VX tech about de-pairing the unit from the vehicle in order that I could fit it, or at least the CID, at some point to another Elite, but he hadn't a clue about how to do it. Is it done with a Tech 2? Any info on the procedure would be greatly appreciated, so I can possibly pass it on to him.
Thanks
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: De-pairing a NCDC 2015 from its donor car
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2015, 08:56:38 »

Further to the above, if I was to fit the 2015 system (head unit and cid, but not the telematics side) would this need to be de-paired from the donor car, or as I would be fitting the unit plus cid only, would they work without the use of a tech 2 as they are paired together? Or is it a case that they are paired to the donor but wont work in the receiving car? And would I need the radio code of the donor car? Thanks for any advice!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2015, 18:27:52 »

I have a 2002 3.2 Elite saloon, which is for breaking. It has an NCDC 2015, with telematics in the glovebox and a CID. I asked my local VX tech about de-pairing the unit from the vehicle in order that I could fit it, or at least the CID, at some point to another Elite, but he hadn't a clue about how to do it. Is it done with a Tech 2? Any info on the procedure would be greatly appreciated, so I can possibly pass it on to him.
Thanks
First of all, if you get a dealer to do it and they need 'instructions' then there's a high chance that they will fail big and leave you with three doorstops. Far better to speak to people on here with Tech II's.

In order to pair and de-pair devices in the NCDC chain you will need the immobiliser code from the car pass of the vehicle they were removed from.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2015, 18:36:39 »

Further to the above, if I was to fit the 2015 system (head unit and cid, but not the telematics side) would this need to be de-paired from the donor car, or as I would be fitting the unit plus cid only, would they work without the use of a tech 2 as they are paired together? Or is it a case that they are paired to the donor but wont work in the receiving car? And would I need the radio code of the donor car? Thanks for any advice!

The NCDC2015 has different legends on the bezel for the Telematic functions, therefore, if you remove the Telematics from the pairing (which you have to do, it can't just be left unconnected) the Head Unit will revert to a NCDC2013 in operation but the legends will be wrong.

In the above scenario do you already have and NCDC2013 in the receiving vehicle and if so, what screen GID or MID? If not what is in it? CCR2006 or CCRT2007/8

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2015, 18:56:43 »

Thanks for that info. The receiving car has a 2013, currently with a GID, but it he ideal set up for me would be the 2013 with the CID. I haven't got a vehicle pass /immob code with the donor car, so that is the first step, I think.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2015, 19:08:26 »

You can get the Pass Code from a VX Dealer with the Reg/V5 Logbook, prices seems to vary.

Or as you say just fit the the 2015/CID and Telematics complete as is to the new install, if you dont fit the Telematics, then that then becomes a brick to anyone else (unless de paired first) and as VXL says a couple of buttons change there use without the Telematics being fitted, from memory, Info, Sat Home (green button) an what the red button does, which I cant remember now on 2013. Thats not to say the Telematics cant be fitted at a later date, if its a question of priorities on the install.

All of the above assumes your fitting into another Elite (Bose configured) if not Bose then thats another issue to get around (which can also be done with a Tech 2)
« Last Edit: 25 March 2015, 19:17:17 by zirk »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2015, 20:42:25 »

If fitting the CID and 2015 into the other Elite you'll need to check if the RGB cable exists for the screen in that car. Also if there are transmission or engine size differences the screen will need to have the right code index set on it, although that's not a show stopper.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2015, 23:04:48 »

Just to clarify, if the 2015, telematics and CID are fitted to the receiving car, as a package, they still need to be de-paired from the donor car?
The donor car is a 2002 3.2, and the receiving car is either a 2002 or a 2003 3.2 - I haven't decided on which yet. All are autos, and Elites with Bose.
I have too many Omegas in fairness, and because of my other 'toys', I need to reduce the Omegas down to just a saloon and an estate, so one of those hopefully will be the lucky recipient!
I take on board about what you say about 'doing the procedure correctly', and perhaps avoiding VX if they don't know what they are doing. Anyone in the North West area (I'm in Lancashire) with the know how and willing to help me out with suitable remuneration?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2015, 13:22:13 »

Just to clarify, if the 2015, telematics and CID are fitted to the receiving car, as a package, they still need to be de-paired from the donor car?
No, it will work, assuming like for like car spec, as said your be installing the complete system, there all paired together so moving all three from one to another. Fitting Telematics to a non Telematics Car you will probably need the additional wiring and glove box, for the CID you may need the additional wiring for the RGB Cable (in very late cars sometimes its already there tucked away, luck of the draw really).

Also if an Estate your also have to mess around with the combined FM, GPS, GSM Aerial, Saloon should be fine if its had a 2013 fitted.

You only need to de pair when changing or removing individual items, then they will need to be paired together again to work.

Car Pass and depair is handy for future replacements, selling individual items, Tech 2  configuring Bose / Non Bose, different Car spec etc, but can be dealt with at a later stage, just make sure you have labeled what goes where and from what.

The donor car is a 2002 3.2, and the receiving car is either a 2002 or a 2003 3.2 - I haven't decided on which yet. All are autos, and Elites with Bose.
Elite / Bose, Pretty much, except very early 90's Elites, Gearbox is irelevent to Bose, just happens most Elites where Auto's.

I have too many Omegas in fairness, and because of my other 'toys', I need to reduce the Omegas down to just a saloon and an estate, so one of those hopefully will be the lucky recipient!
As said, like for like will be fine for Security / Bose if swapping the whole system, other thing to watch out for is other Car Spec, ie Auto to Manual, different Engine (V6 or 4 Pot), Wheel size, Diesel Petrol etc as the Computer may miss read or through an error.

Most Admins on here have Tech 2, no idea who is nearest to you though, more Tech 2 info here -

http://theboy.omegaowners.com/tech2/prices.shtml

« Last Edit: 26 March 2015, 13:24:50 by zirk »

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2015, 23:56:42 »

Thanks for all the info. Looks like the the recipient will be another 2002 3.2 auto saloon then! Same year and model /spec (except the recipient is probably slightly later in manufacture as it has rain sensitive wipers whereas the donor car doesn't) so fingers crossed the necessary additional wiring may be already there. Is it complicated to sort the additional wiring for the telematics or could it be part of the original wiring loom but taped away? Is the RGB cable difficult to retro fit if not there?
The donor car incidentally was initially a plain staff car with Lincolnshire Police - the only clue (which I found after I got it) was a small sticker on the slam panel giving details of the max load and number of Officers to be carried in addition to the driver and a contact telephone number. I have spoken to Lincolnshire Police Transport Dept and they were quite helpful regarding the history of the car whilst in their possession.
It's a shame that it is to broken for parts as the body is good, but the engine is a bit rumbly at the bottom end and tappety at the top end. If I didn't have another 3.2, then I would probably try to source another engine for it and keep it on the road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 March 2015, 10:49:29 »

Telematics loom will not be in place
Grumpy old man

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 April 2015, 21:11:47 »

Shame about that  :'( Thanks for all the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.