Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One for Webby - Spanish mechanic'ing  (Read 755 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
One for Webby - Spanish mechanic'ing
« on: 02 August 2017, 11:19:01 »

Exhaust on my 4x4 sheared just after the central joint. No Kwik Fits or the like unless you travel an hour or more.

Went to local garage and owner had a look and said no problem can weld a new section in that. That was this morning. Took the mechanic over an hour- charge 25 euros for cash. I did observe sometimes he didnt bother using his welding mask.....

I had plenty of time to observe the operation. 4 mechanics and inside garage space for 8 vehicles. (Tractor, two crawler tractors, ford van, , two 4x4's and my vehicle on the hoist. Outside were another 10 vehicles assorted being worked on in the "street" including a frontal crash old Peugeot 205 which was having err body work straightening carried out.

Endless stream of people popping in for small jobs. Funniest was a 4x4 that had ripped the front bumper off catching it on something reversing. He arrived with it held in place with string under the bonnet. The repair - drill a neat row of holes either side of the rip and stitch each pair with a black cable tie then re attach to the metal.

There was an L200 with a coolant leak. Not so sure about him using Wynnes Stop leak additive but in fairness it seemed to work.

Anyway Webby, do you fancy an exchange trip with one of the mechanics to come and work in your nice clean place? Hours in summer are 7 till 3 with 15 minutes if you are lucky to eat your sarnies. I did notice that the tool chests didn't seem to have many tools in their correct places except a giant mound of stuff on top. maybe bring your own tools? Must be quite happy to have the customer "assisting" you.  Lovely and warm ( 39C). Pay will be less than in the Uk but the experience might look good on your CV.

No photos, I thought that would have been a liberty.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: One for Webby - Spanish mechanic'ing
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2017, 13:19:53 »

Webby - tell him that you're in if Varche can provide the accommodation. :y

Bring some sun glasses (not just for the welding!).
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.