Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with action re. codes, please.  (Read 1935 times)

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
Help with action re. codes, please.
« on: 06 August 2017, 19:28:42 »

May I request some expert opinion and/or suggested action re. the following codes, please?
Both the pedal trick and my cheap code reader come up with these codes.
0155  According to the guide these refer to O2 sensors and MAF which  I presume account for the MIL being permanently on. I'll have to tolerate the O2 codes for the moment but wonder if the MAF code can be eradicated and whether it would affect the points mentioned below.
0306  These are misfire codes and probably account for the following. From a cold start the engine fires up fine but then stops accelerating briefly and then suddenly roars away normally. (like a rocket in fact). It can happen several times during the first 1/4 mile but there is then no repeat during driving until after a fairly long stop. During these hiccups the MIL flashes for approx 10 to 20 secs., presumably registering the misfire codes,and then returns to its constant display.
I'm going to change the spark plugs and possibly the 2,4,6, bank coil pack as the prime misfire suspects, but I don't know whether the MAF code would have any contributory effect on this symptom.
Does this sound like a sensible 'trial and error' procedure before considering a change of MAF? My son is taking the car and tin tent to France at the weekend so I daren't try anything which might immobilise it.
Expert comments would be most appreciated.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Help with action re. codes, please.
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2017, 19:53:20 »

Expect the 246 side to be full of oil if an ongoing issue or water if a sudden one... rectify accordingly  :y

Unplug the maf... any improvement would suggest it's goosed, but deal with the misfire first :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2017, 11:14:42 »

MAF code will be historic from our (my) little whoopsie - the codes need to be reset and read again for a true picture :y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2017, 11:16:10 »

I still suspect an air leak somewhere in all the LPG spaghetti is the root cause of your troubles

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2017, 11:31:58 »

Thanks gentlemen.
James.  Will reset codes and get an up to date report. Still can't find any obvious problem with LPG gubbins but will carry on searching.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 August 2017, 17:51:08 »

Re the 2-4-6 coil pack, make sure plug wells are oil free - also check the scuttle seal isn't saturated and so pouring water straight into the area...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 August 2017, 19:54:59 »

Ideally need to see what trims are doing...
Grumpy old man

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 August 2017, 22:14:04 »

Sorry Jaime. I don't know what that means. Tech 2 maybe, or can I provide this information without that.
To update, I've changed the plugs. Both banks were completely free of oil and/or water ingress and plugs didn't look bad but they were originals. The coil pack has a minute crack on cylinder two turret base but there's no sign of tracking.
Cleared codes and test drove and after 1/2 mile a bad misfire persisted until I switched off back on the drive. This had disappeared completely when I started her up again and she's now running fine, (about 10 miles), but the EML still flashes and then stays on, and the above codes all appear again.
I've ordered a new coil pack and will fit it if it arrives before Friday but after that I'm stumped.
I still can't find evidence of an air leak on the currently redundant LPG pipework although James thinks this could be the culprit.
Hopefully she will continue to run well for the next 750/1000 miles in France.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2017, 08:01:03 »

Sorry Jaime. I don't know what that means. Tech 2 maybe, or can I provide this information without that.
To update, I've changed the plugs. Both banks were completely free of oil and/or water ingress and plugs didn't look bad but they were originals. The coil pack has a minute crack on cylinder two turret base but there's no sign of tracking.
Cleared codes and test drove and after 1/2 mile a bad misfire persisted until I switched off back on the drive. This had disappeared completely when I started her up again and she's now running fine, (about 10 miles), but the EML still flashes and then stays on, and the above codes all appear again.
I've ordered a new coil pack and will fit it if it arrives before Friday but after that I'm stumped.
I still can't find evidence of an air leak on the currently redundant LPG pipework although James thinks this could be the culprit.
Hopefully she will continue to run well for the next 750/1000 miles in France.

Isnt that an immobiliser issue??  :-\

What happens if you use the other key, if you have one?
« Last Edit: 08 August 2017, 08:11:07 by TD »

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2017, 08:48:46 »

Neither of my keys work properly but manual locking and unlocking works fine and definitely deadlocks on a second turn. Sets the (silent) :D powersounder off, of course, but I have to put up with that for the time being. Could this cause the symptoms I have??
Hope I haven't laid a false trail with this post. The LPG system isn't working at the moment and doesn't power up, so I can't see it causing a problem apart from possible pipework air leaks as suggested by James. Still can't find any evidence of that.

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 August 2017, 11:12:24 »

I'm sorry this is becoming a bit of a saga but I now have a persistent misfire on tick-over. This seems to disappear on normal driving but I realise that 6 cylinders can make this less noticeable. I really am down to trial and error fixes now so am also going to change the crank sensor.
The guides point out that there are two versions, but I'm not sure whether this also applies to the 3.2l engine. Can anyone help me on this.
My local factor dealer is far more helpful than the area Main dealer, and although his part is aftermarket I will have to go with that as only he can supply it in time. He's going to get in both versions so hopefully I will be able to identify the correct one when I take the old one off.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 August 2017, 12:18:45 »

Very unlikely to be crank sensor. I'll come back up if you like with my Omega so we can swap coil packs etc

relluf

« Reply #12 on: 08 August 2017, 12:38:43 »

Very unlikely to be crank sensor. I'll come back up if you like with my Omega so we can swap coil packs etc

Hi James
You just cant live without an omega in your life can you!!
When did you get this one I must have missed that?
You have (oldish) pm

Andy

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 August 2017, 13:49:34 »

good luck
« Last Edit: 08 August 2017, 13:51:27 by migmog »

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 August 2017, 15:13:46 »

PM sent James.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.