Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fiesta water pump/cambelt  (Read 1525 times)

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
Fiesta water pump/cambelt
« on: 09 August 2017, 10:19:32 »

Morning all,

I am about to change the cam belt on the fiesta, its a 2011 and my question is, do I need to change the water pump at the same time. I understand the amount of work argument, but what's the current thinking? Removing a working component just because I'm close to it doesn't exactly make sense, especially if it gets replaced with a non genuine part (I haven't priced the parts either way yet).

Cheers, Al
If it aint broken, you aint trying hard enough

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Fiesta water pump/cambelt
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2017, 10:42:02 »

If the pump is driven by the cambelt, then not replacing it is so stupid you might as well not change the belt.
Ford waterpumps aren't paragons of long-term durability, so I would probably replace it anyway. I see no point in insisting on genuine parts either.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2017, 11:09:15 »

Morning all,

I am about to change the cam belt on the fiesta, its a 2011 and my question is, do I need to change the water pump at the same time. I understand the amount of work argument, but what's the current thinking? Removing a working component just because I'm close to it doesn't exactly make sense, especially if it gets replaced with a non genuine part (I haven't priced the parts either way yet).

Cheers, Al

Petrol or diesel,engine size ?
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2017, 11:18:52 »

1.25 petrol

I changed the pump on the omega when I did the belt, just want sure about modern cars, when I rang ford for their price (for a laugh) they had no intention of changing the pump unless I asked them to.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2017, 13:04:54 »

1.25 petrol

I changed the pump on the omega when I did the belt, just want sure about modern cars, when I rang ford for their price (for a laugh) they had no intention of changing the pump unless I asked them to.

!.25 waterpump not cambelt driven so not important,what is important if doing it yourself is that crank and cam sprockets are not keyed so correct lock kit is essential :y

http://mccormicktools.co.uk/sealey-petrol-engine-setting-locking-set-125-14-16-18-20-23-16v-duratec-ford-mazda-volvo-belt-chain-drive-vse5515.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5arMBRDzARIsAAqmJexLJQAxG6PXyn7xesaty3PeLTyAF2uPQ67V1q-lDD1sBonIzAuMWycaAgJhEALw_wcB
« Last Edit: 09 August 2017, 13:09:05 by henryd »
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2017, 16:41:39 »

1.25 petrol

!.25 waterpump not cambelt driven so not important,what is important if doing it yourself is that crank and cam sprockets are not keyed so correct lock kit is essential :y

http://mccormicktools.co.uk/sealey-petrol-engine-setting-locking-set-125-14-16-18-20-23-16v-duratec-ford-mazda-volvo-belt-chain-drive-vse5515.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5arMBRDzARIsAAqmJexLJQAxG6PXyn7xesaty3PeLTyAF2uPQ67V1q-lDD1sBonIzAuMWycaAgJhEALw_wcB

I think I have a locking kit for these engines somewhere, if you need to borrow it, Al. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2017, 19:51:09 »

1.25 petrol

Yes I'd seen that they aren't fixed, other than that not read up to much on it other than all ford for a price. If the pump isn't driven by the belt then I will maybe just check it and replace if I've any doubt. I did read to replace it you need to remove the belt so I assumed it was belt driven.

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2017, 19:52:24 »

1.25 petrol

I think I have a locking kit for these engines somewhere, if you need to borrow it, Al. :y

Cheers Kevin, I think I've got one as it looks the same as for other size engines in the range.
If not I'll give you a shout.
Al

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 August 2017, 09:16:58 »

Yep, it's a flat bar to lock the cams and a pin to screw into the side of the block to lock the crank. IIRC, the pin is different from the larger Zetec E but the bar is the same.  :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.