Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drove to that London from Devon  (Read 5116 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Drove to that London from Devon
« Reply #30 on: 12 August 2017, 11:45:12 »

Does he have a white CC? Gave nod to chap near Twickenham M3 who had a lovely R Line spec one, it had the later LED front headlights which I like.

Do CC owners nod to each other then?  ???   

Is this a glimpse into a secret world that Tunnie is now part of?  :-\  ;D
I think the nod means "lets meet up in one of those designated laybys" ::)

Sounds like you are speaking from experience here?  :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 August 2017, 11:46:42 »

Does he have a white CC? Gave nod to chap near Twickenham M3 who had a lovely R Line spec one, it had the later LED front headlights which I like.

Do CC owners nod to each other then?  ???   

Is this a glimpse into a secret world that Tunnie is now part of?  :-\  ;D
I think the nod means "lets meet up in one of those designated ladyboys" ::)

Ftfy. Iffy keyboard, theboy?   ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 August 2017, 09:54:44 »

I go M3/M25 every day, there are little tricks like always leave and re-join straight away. This can save some time on M25  :y

Yes I did not like Insignia seats, I tried quite a few spec types, found them all rock hard and not very supportive.  :(

How does that work? is that like jumping the queue on the motorway ? Bit like the blighters that zoom up the outside of a queue at a roundabout going straight on , then round the roundabout and rejoin 50 places up.

Eg on M25, Jc14 is for Heathrow T5. Often bulk of M25 is backed up heading to M4, take the Jc14 slip which is a long filter off. Head up to the round-about, then head straight down again re-joining the M25. Re-joining it's a long slip as well and you can skip a load of traffic. Sometimes it fails due to traffic flowing again and you hit lights on round-about, but you win more times than you loose. Do this for multiple junctions and it's a winner  :y

Don't make me hunt you down  :P I'm sure half the reason it backs up so badly is people trying to join the M25

You know those who barge in at the last moment, skipping long queues......  ::)  ::)  :-X

Don't like queuing, especially when I'm going to work. Thing is everyone does it, so I'm not just going to sit in queue to feel good. Might as well join them  :D

He's become a cock, who drives a vw/audi product,  they go from slip road to outside lane, up one junction,across again up the slip down the other side, go from lane to lane, giving it the two sugars sign or bean shaker, and the get three cars further up wooo betide anybody who gives him a blast on the horns, the response is comical.... while I just sit there drinking my tea, and getting paid, thinking What a complete KNOB
Hoof'land storeman.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 August 2017, 10:05:16 »

He's become a cock, who drives a vw/audi product,  they go from slip road to outside lane, up one junction,across again up the slip down the other side, go from lane to lane, giving it the two sugars sign or bean shaker, and the get three cars further up wooo betide anybody who gives him a blast on the horns, the response is comical.... while I just sit there drinking my tea, and getting paid, thinking What a complete KNOB

You forgot to mention the acrid black smoke. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #34 on: 14 August 2017, 10:47:31 »

Hang on.. I drive a VAG product too ;D but don't sneak up junctions (because I CBA trying to fight across three+ lanes only to fight back across three+ lanes 2000yds further along).

I haven't noticed any smoke, either  :P Bloody pongs when it's doing a regen, though!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14 August 2017, 11:36:54 »

Hang on.. I drive a VAG product too ;D but don't sneak up junctions (because I CBA trying to fight across three+ lanes only to fight back across three+ lanes 2000yds further along).

I haven't noticed any smoke, either  :P Bloody pongs when it's doing a regen, though!

Only noticed slight smell getting out of the car if it's just done a re-gen, normally don't notice them. Likewise never seen any smoke either, but then again I'm not behind it. But the tail pipe has no trace of soot on it, so all working as it should.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14 August 2017, 15:52:26 »

Only noticed slight smell getting out of the car if it's just done a re-gen, normally don't notice them. Likewise never seen any smoke either, but then again I'm not behind it. But the tail pipe has no trace of soot on it, so all working as it should.

I quite like soot.......from a Victorian chimney. ::) ::) ;)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14 August 2017, 17:18:09 »

Try dropping to say 3rd and plant the loud pedal firmly on the floor.....check rear view mirror as the revs get to 4k.....then you might  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.