Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sssshhhhh.....don't tell Field Marshal Opti Meerkat  (Read 2823 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Sssshhhhh.....don't tell Field Marshal Opti Meerkat
« Reply #15 on: 16 August 2017, 00:49:00 »

They seem to be pretty quick these 2.0 Diesel Astra J's especially remapped... Awhile back one of these 2.0D kept up and overtook me going flat out up a clear two lane hill not easy but was gradually pulling away. Although at the time my suspension was soggy so had to let off..  ::) .... Oh and the white Astra J in question had a baby on board sign swinging away on the back screen  :o

This Astra might be too powerful for uncle STEMO?  ;D
Anything to make him shit himself  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2017, 08:27:45 »

They seem to be pretty quick these 2.0 Diesel Astra J's especially remapped... Awhile back one of these 2.0D kept up and overtook me going flat out up a clear two lane hill not easy but was gradually pulling away. Although at the time my suspension was soggy so had to let off..  ::) .... Oh and the white Astra J in question had a baby on board sign swinging away on the back screen  :o

2.0 diesels easily put out as much torque as a 3.2 Omega, that's before you've had them re-mapped. Mid range say 40-80 ish, nothing much in it. Where the 3.2 wins out is when you get into 3 figures  :)

Lincs Robert

« Reply #17 on: 16 August 2017, 10:48:38 »

2.0 diesels easily put out as much torque as a 3.2 Omega, that's before you've had them re-mapped. Mid range say 40-80 ish, nothing much in it. Where the 3.2 wins out is when you get into 3 figures  :)

I posted many years ago that the Focus 1.8 Tdci we had at the time put out more torque than a 3.0V6. It was interesting testing both cars going up the long hill out of Amersham towards Beaconsfield - the Focus won!  :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 August 2017, 11:25:01 »

I'm thinking of investing in a soot chucker. This one:

https://www.thecarpeople.co.uk/find-a-car/car-details/vauxhall-astra-wakefield-317410

I wouldn't......but you knew that already. :-\

I don't think you can use the words 'investing' and 'soot chucker' in the same sentence because diesel is dead in the water and  dealers are keen to be shot of them. Diesel car prices are falling.

Overpriced for a 3 year old car that runs on narrow boat fuel.

Your whippet won't like it. :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2017, 11:29:59 »

I posted many years ago that the Focus 1.8 Tdci we had at the time put out more torque than a 3.0V6. It was interesting testing both cars going up the long hill out of Amersham towards Beaconsfield - the Focus won!  :(

Yup, does not surprise me.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2017, 12:44:16 »

Ex plod LSD swings things back in the Omega`s favour  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 August 2017, 20:22:57 »

I embarrassed a Mundano TDCi up that very hill a few years back, in my beloved Silver Bullet.

Our family are normally a bit cautious going up there though, due to bro's automatic gearbox letting go quite spectacularly whilst trying to overtake in his, then brand new, Chavalier in the mid 80's ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.